Riu Melao

T

Todd Clayton

I've read a few reviews of the Riu resorts, as I will be visiting the second week of Feb. Most seem to indicate an older crowd, 40+ that sort of thing. Being a 20 something, am I not likely to encounter others my age? My wife and I are looking to socialize, as well as the usual couples thing...

BTW, anyone else staying in the area Feb 8th, be on the lookout for a long-haired guy with Tattoo's. That'd be me.

R

rick

Re: How about the Riu Bambu

I am going to Punta Cana on Feb 8/99 and I am going to be staying at a brand new resort that opens Feb 1/99 called the Riu Bambu which is located within the Riu complex. I was just wondering if you can tell me if the hotel looks finished and if it is as nice as the brochure claims.

M

Mihaela

I just got back from there yesterday and it was fantastic. It is true that I found the average of the crowd a little bit high (mostly germans) but it doesn't mean you are not going to find younger ones. Riu Melao is more family oriented and all the noise (during the evening) is at the nearby hotels Riu Naiboa and Riu Taino. There is a lot of fun on the beach and around the pool during the day. Enjoy your holiday, Mihaela

M

Mihaela

Re: How about the Riu Bambu

The hotel seems finished but they are still working at the garden and the restaurant (only details I suppose). We went on a walk till there but there were guardians and they didn't let us visit it. One person told me that is exactly like Riu Yucatan in Mexic. The beach is as good as everywhere there. I'm sure you'll have a great vacation because they pay attention to the details and they won't take any risks to have their guests dissapointed.

S

Susan

Isn't travel supposed to broaden the mind? A couple of times now I have been on holiday and avoiding what I thought were elderly eccentrics but having been thrown together with them at meals or on trips I have discovered that these people were little gems of humour, wit and brilliant company and I would have been sorry to have missed their acquaintance. Surround yourself with callow youth if you must but you will be missing out!

P

Patrick

Susan,

Though I am in the 40+ crowd as Todd mentioned I do not consider myself elderly ! Though Debbie has called me ecentric on the well deserved occasion!

S

Susan

Re: Riu Melao: ageism?

Patrick: I opened your mail with trepidation.. I was expecting to get flamed! My "elderly" barb was firmly tongue in cheek... you wouldn't really want to know this lady's age would you!!?

P

Patrick

Re: Riu Melao: ageism?

Susan,

I would not be a gentleman if I asked !