English tea bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
Hi, does anyone know where they sell English tea bags. Pg tips, Tetleys etc, not the rubbish twinnings ones. They used to have them in citymarket but they must not have had a shipment in for a while. I have no more visitors for a while so cant get none brought over and I do sometimes need a proper cup of tea.
Thanks and in desperation.
Craig

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OK.... Acira..... he can to the good hotels and buy tea 'Black Market' style...

I do that for 'Icing Sugar'.......... micropulverasado, I think they call it...

I'd start w/ The Colonial in POP

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Oh, well then... how will you help the OP ??

If city market does not have them right now, maybe ask the manager and maybe they will have them next week. Its only a 5 minute drive to Playero in Sosua and a 15 minute drive to Janets in Cabarete to have a look at their selection. That's all I can do to help since I do not know what the different stores carry in tea since I am no tea drinker so I don't look for it on the shelves.

That's for the OP of course.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can buy lipton tea here, wiki tells me helpfully it is owned by unilever, british-dutch company. would that be english enough?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
you can buy lipton tea here, wiki tells me helpfully it is owned by unilever, british-dutch company. would that be english enough?

I drunk the best tea of my life here in the DR, my grand mother used to just go to the back yard and pick most of the ingredients from there, I remember my favorites were the orange and limes leaves teas, the lemon grass, the anis, clover, ginger, some kind of vines and also some teas that she used to make out of some flowers that looked like bells, but I also will not forget a real nasty bitter tea made out of some tree bark she would make us drink. I think it must be the reason why I never get sick, not even as much as a simple cold.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Sorry I can't help with the tea, but I can relate. My husband loves his tea but always just buys a huge box whenever we are in the UK or have visitors.

On a side note.... WW, they do sell icing sugar / micropulverasado in Cabrera now! I know they didn't last year as I had to make icing for my Christmas cookies by blending regular sugar. But they have it now!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sorry I can't help with the tea, but I can relate. My husband loves his tea but always just buys a huge box whenever we are in the UK or have visitors.

On a side note.... WW, they do sell icing sugar / micropulverasado in Cabrera now! I know they didn't last year as I had to make icing for my Christmas cookies by blending regular sugar. But they have it now!

Thank you TH... thats good to know..... we usually stock up on the Santiago or Sosua trips.
At Supermercado Ahorra, I presume ?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Disgusting Bags

... anyone know where they sell English tea bags. Pg tips, Tetleys etc, not the rubbish twinnings ones.
I do not know about 'twinnings" but TWININGS is quite good and offers many different blends.
Of course, one needs to buy LOOSE tea leaves, tea bags with tea dust inside are just horrible... :lick:
I've been drinking Twining's English Breakfast blend for more than 40 years...

donP

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I do not know about 'twinnings" but TWININGS is quite good and offers many different blends.
Of course, one needs to buy LOOSE tea leaves, tea bags with tea dust inside are just horrible... :lick:
I've been drinking Twining's English Breakfast blend for more than 40 years...

donP

I have not found loose tea .. at least not INDIA tea.. anywhere in the Capital. I have found plenty of Chinese tea.. Jasmine etc... and lots of herbals.. which is what the DR poster referred to as the flower brews. There are some great medicinal brews sold here.. the "relaxing tea" would be illegal in the States and I have made sure to pull some of them out of the kitchen cupboard and put them in with the medicines lest I serve them to a guest in error.

I drink the Supremo Ceylon Tea bags here,, find them better than the Lipton.. And have always found Twinings to be better than Tetley.

Loose tea is the thing that I ask folks to bring me from the States.. but now the places like Starbucks sell it for a zillion dollars an ounce and there is no way of knowing if you will like the blend since they are from wherever.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Suggestion: since there is not much weight or bulk involved, have your friends fedex you some every few weeks, Solves your problem and your addiction to tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.