Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    *** I love DR1 ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I ask again!Life Insurance Insurance in the DR or Other Alternatives.

I'll try the living segment this time. Some of you surely must have children.What provisions do you make should the wage earner die. Do you scoot and leave your children behind? Please!! some feedback!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

In the DR,as in ancient Egypt,it is the custom to bury the spouse and children with the deceased!
    If my wife dies first,I have a car waiting,and an open ticket on American Airlines,first class, in my pocket at all times!
    The reason you got no response,is because Iam the only poster on DR1 with children.With you,there are now two of us!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    In the DR,as in ancient Egypt,it is the custom to bury the spouse and children with the deceased!
    If my wife dies first,I have a car waiting,and an open ticket on American Airlines,first class, in my pocket at all times!
    The reason you got no response,is because Iam the only poster on DR1 with children.With you,there are now two of us!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

~CC...where in the world do you come up with this $h!t????....lol...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Are they Legitimate children?

Or are you Prince Albert of Monaco in reclusion from your new bride ??

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband tells me there are several companies in DR selling Life Insurance - he recommends that you contact WorldWide Insurance in Santo Domingo.

AE

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Seguros de Vida

yes

they even offer policies in dollars

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

some of us are smart enough not to produce the offspring and spend all money on ourselves instead. when we die we joylessly rot until the smell alerts the neighbours. you may find it uplifting to know the provisions for the loved ones or lack of thereof (provisions and/or loved ones) makes no difference whatsoever once you have kicked the bucket.
    should you, however, feel somehow unsettled about the future family know that firstly too much worry will get you to an early grave and secondly you can purchase life insurance in DR. apparently banco popular does that. i have also heard that universal has life insurance, home insurance and even ustimos gastos plus that covers the whole death business - not the kind of thing you want to hear when you are on the phone to your health insurance company, methinks. but alas, some may find it reasuring that family will get a complimentary mint at your funeral.
    more on the subject, universal phone numebre (free of charge) is 809 200 1283.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ps some employers also offer life insurance option. i am a beneficiary of miesposo's life insurance, in fact. i think i should remind him of that once in a while when he really pi**es me off

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I just asked for some quotes of a life insurance last week, by the way, CC, I've children too.,,. Local life insurance is way too expensive, 200 dollars per month for a lump sum of. 200,000 (36 year old healthy male). I found a company now offering insurance for expatriates: about 200 euros per year for 125,000 lump sum payment.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I just asked for some quotes of a life insurance last week, by the way, CC, I've children too.,,. Local life insurance is way too expensive, 200 dollars per month for a lump sum of. 200,000 (36 year old healthy male). I found a company now offering insurance for expatriates: about 200 euros per year for 125,000 lump sum payment.
    What is this company if you dont mind me asking and do you have contact info for this insurance company?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast