I ask again!Life Insurance Insurance in the DR or Other Alternatives.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
I'll try the living segment this time. Some of you surely must have children.What provisions do you make should the wage earner die. Do you scoot and leave your children behind? Please!! some feedback!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In the DR,as in ancient Egypt,it is the custom to bury the spouse and children with the deceased!
If my wife dies first,I have a car waiting,and an open ticket on American Airlines,first class, in my pocket at all times!
The reason you got no response,is because Iam the only poster on DR1 with children.With you,there are now two of us!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
In the DR,as in ancient Egypt,it is the custom to bury the spouse and children with the deceased!
If my wife dies first,I have a car waiting,and an open ticket on American Airlines,first class, in my pocket at all times!
The reason you got no response,is because Iam the only poster on DR1 with children.With you,there are now two of us!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

~CC...where in the world do you come up with this $h!t????....lol...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My husband tells me there are several companies in DR selling Life Insurance - he recommends that you contact WorldWide Insurance in Santo Domingo.

AE

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some of us are smart enough not to produce the offspring and spend all money on ourselves instead. when we die we joylessly rot until the smell alerts the neighbours. you may find it uplifting to know the provisions for the loved ones or lack of thereof (provisions and/or loved ones) makes no difference whatsoever once you have kicked the bucket.
should you, however, feel somehow unsettled about the future family know that firstly too much worry will get you to an early grave and secondly you can purchase life insurance in DR. apparently banco popular does that. i have also heard that universal has life insurance, home insurance and even ustimos gastos plus that covers the whole death business - not the kind of thing you want to hear when you are on the phone to your health insurance company, methinks. but alas, some may find it reasuring that family will get a complimentary mint at your funeral.
more on the subject, universal phone numebre (free of charge) is 809 200 1283.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ps some employers also offer life insurance option. i am a beneficiary of miesposo's life insurance, in fact. i think i should remind him of that once in a while when he really pi**es me off :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I just asked for some quotes of a life insurance last week, by the way, CC, I've children too.,,:D. Local life insurance is way too expensive, 200 dollars per month for a lump sum of. 200,000 (36 year old healthy male). I found a company now offering insurance for expatriates: about 200 euros per year for 125,000 lump sum payment.

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
I just asked for some quotes of a life insurance last week, by the way, CC, I've children too.,,:D. Local life insurance is way too expensive, 200 dollars per month for a lump sum of. 200,000 (36 year old healthy male). I found a company now offering insurance for expatriates: about 200 euros per year for 125,000 lump sum payment.

What is this company if you dont mind me asking and do you have contact info for this insurance company?

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
The insurance would be on my wife not me. Thanks for those with actual info.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have made it a personal "policy" to never be worth more dead than alive. That and not having any children that I know of have caused me to ignore life insurance. I generally try to be informative in my posts, but insurance is not one of the things I condone in general.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
What is this company if you dont mind me asking and do you have contact info for this insurance company?

The local quotes were from Mapfre and Gold Life (Seguros Universal). The international quote was from William Russell.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"WOW"!.............After the NBA, now insurance!
Way-To-Go".BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Red" would be proud!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Boston/NBA insiders only!