COPA AIRLINES New Flight routes are worth looking at !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was just checking out flights as I am selling a property and I may have to fly there to sign the Docs.

So Many destinations and very inexpensive.

I was surprised by the number of flights from Santiago.

When I get back from Colombia I am going to spend a week at the Club Med on Paradise Island in the Bahamas.

Thanks Copa !

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
which destinations are very inexpensive?
I have been doing a random search from Punta Cana airport and all flights around 700-900$, not really cheap for close distance destinations ...

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Ruben, it all depends on the dates. Copa flys to STI, SDQ, PUJ all connecting in the nice PTY airport. TWO free bags, a hot meal and a free drink along with good customer service. From the US mainland the trip takes an extra 1 1/2 to 2 hours versus MIA connection but if you catch the right sale you can save a bundle.
We flew Copa Easter week for $384 each round trip vs. $584 on AA at the time..I am sold on Copa. Of course as long as the price is right.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Around 400$ round trip for some destinations fits more for an inexpensive trip!
I will keep doing random searchings to see if I find any jewel ... cheers!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Anything under 400 (including the 150 tax) I'm considering a bargain these days from DCA.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
I Flew Copa from JFK to Santiago (via Pannama) earlier this year for $405 US (including all taxes / fees). Very nice experience, and they are a member of Continentals OnePass mileage program.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I love the new connection to Nassau, Bahamas from Panama. This can avoid a stop in Miami or an overnight layover in Kingston or Provo.

That's what i was talking about.

I thought I saw a post that they sell Nathan's famous Hot dogs at the airport in Santiago and was wondering if anyone had info on this.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
That's what i was talking about.

I thought I saw a post that they sell Nathan's famous Hot dogs at the airport in Santiago and was wondering if anyone had info on this.

They sell Nathan's after the security check, towards the boarding area. So you can only get them on the way out. Also Punta Cana airport has them.