Unlocking an IPhone?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My son's girlfriend just bought a new iPhone, and she's giving me her old 3GS to use in DR so I don't have to use my iPhone for the iPod. One less thing to carry around.

So I need to unlock it so I can use a Dominican phone chip. Is this something I should do before going there, or is it easy enough there? [I don't want to risk someone who doesn't know what they're doing to damage it there, or is that silly?]

If I get it done in US - where does one go for that???

Opinions please?

AE

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Hello AE,

I have a friend in Santo Domingo Este who can unlock your iPhone for you. He unlocked my girlfriend's iPhone and she uses it as her phone, in the DR, without any problems. If you want his contact information, PM me.

You could also attempt the procedure on your own. There are literally thousands of how-to videos online. If you are moderately computer savvy I think you could pull it off.

Good Luck!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hello AE,

I have a friend in Santo Domingo Este who can unlock your iPhone for you. He unlocked my girlfriend's iPhone and she uses it as her phone, in the DR, without any problems. If you want his contact information, PM me.

You could also attempt the procedure on your own. There are literally thousands of how-to videos online. If you are moderately computer savvy I think you could pull it off.

Good Luck!
Most Cel. shops all over the country can do it for you. Around 500 pesos. If anyone know where I can get my iPhone 4 unlocked, please post it or PM me. Yea it's a version 4.2.1 so I'm screwed. Using a Gevey sim for the moment but can't use the phone for data.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It seems for IPhones and Blackberry they want about 2000rd. If you can find someone for 500rd it is a good price.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It seems for IPhones and Blackberry they want about 2000rd. If you can find someone for 500rd it is a good price.

The German guy in Plaza Colonial. For the iPhone 3Gs. Nothing out yet for the 4 unless it's an early version. i.e. 1.0......

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010

The going price for unlocking an iPhone is somewhere between $500 and $1,000 pesos. I've had a few unlocked here in Santiago and its always within this price range. It all depends on which version of operating system you want.

Hartley

Banned
Sep 5, 2011
Hi guys,.
Its great question about the Unlocking an IPhone?
I am also facing such problem,.

DKROMANA

Sep 6, 2011
There is no soliciting on this site.

If you want to pay to advertise a business, contact Robert.

Berzin

Last edited by a moderator:

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Orange is a 3G/GSM network so be careful if you are "acquiring" an iphone in the US. There are 2 models, CDMA and GSM. The GSM model is preferable and you can purchase factory unlocks via Apple.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Apart from buying a gsm, what generations versions should I buy or stay away from?

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Hello AE,

Good Luck!

Speaking of mobile phones across the river....reminds of a scene I found very funny. Two weeks ago we were having a few drinks (and people watching) at that fuax country and western bar on Av Venezuela, (I forget the name).
At the next table was this very (stereotypically) pudgy gringo looking guy, with two young lovelies, sharing a fria with what looked 3 or 4 phones dismembered with their guts strewn across the table.

He appeared to be only operating on the phones (he did have a large freezer bag full of phone parts)....but the whole thing just seemed so (typical) funny. Hey, perhaps he has actually assimilated well and found his niche...after all I am sure he would not fare well hawking wipers at the intersection of Av 27 de Febero y Maximo Gomez.

sujith34

Aug 6, 2011
Hi AlterEgo,there are many software available to unlock iphone and i unlocked it by remote unlocking..there are many online providers who provide the service..one of my friend got unlocked his iphone from Simpleunlocking.com by remote unlock..and the important thing remote unlocking is available for some country and network providers only so if you are interested you can try from them before that see whether remote unlocking is available for your country and provider..

Last edited:

grojas

Mar 7, 2012
Unlocking Iphone 4S

I heard it is easy to unlock an Iphone 3Gs. What about an Iphone 4S? I would like to unlock my Iphone 4S. Any recent updates on this? Thank you.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I heard it is easy to unlock an Iphone 3Gs. What about an Iphone 4S? I would like to unlock my Iphone 4S. Any recent updates on this? Thank you.

I brought an extra iPhone 3GS to Claro to have it unlocked. They quoted me 600 pesos and I left it to do some shopping. When I got back they told me "we don't have the unlock code for that one yet". Gimme a break, it's 2 years old. I ended up using a Samsung smartphone that I used last trip instead.