the price of an appartement in Santiago

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
Hi, my chica says she rents an appartement in the centre of Santiago. It has two small bedrooms and it's above a internet centre,there's no luxury. She says she has to pay 7000 pesos every month (water and electricity not included). Is that possible? Is that a normal price? Before she met me, she was staying in an appartement that costed about 3000 pesos every month... Is she trying to rip me off?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If she is cental in an unfurnished apartment that is a reasonable price, IMO, for 2 bedrooms. I was searching for an apartment in central Santiago last year for my cousin, I wanted funished, the best I found for 2 bedrooms was double that. I'd say she may be trying to rip you a bit, but not alot if that is the deal. It really depends hugely what area, do you have a zone/area/district?
From one to the other could mean RD$00's
But I am not a Santiago expert, I think Hillbilly covers that area well so........................

RD$7000 cental is a good price though if it is an okay place with no issues.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hi, my chica says she rents an appartement in the centre of Santiago. It has two small bedrooms and it's above a internet centre,there's no luxury. She says she has to pay 7000 pesos every month (water and electricity not included). Is that possible? Is that a normal price? Before she met me, she was staying in an appartement that costed about 3000 pesos every month... Is she trying to rip me off?

Does her chulo live there when you are out of the country?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Come on guys, is that not a good price downtown Santiago? Central city, that must be good? No?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think that that be reasonable if it is location that she wants. Is it furnished? You are talking close to 10K with electricity and water.
There are less expensive options.

HB

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
3000 pesos must have been the cost for a room (just a bedroom and bathroom) rather than an actual apartment. 7000 for a 2 bedroom apartment seems very reasonable.