Getting rid of a lodger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If you have a lodger living in your house, pays no rent, no bills, does no work just lives around the house, how can you force them to leave. Physical attempts have been just that, attempted. Just point blank refusal to go. No actual agreement as no money passes hand, just helping someone out who has chosen to abuse the situation to the fullest.
What is the best way once all reasonable methods have been exhausted and failed?

Preference would be not to use local weight, friends with a bit of say as it may end up coming back on you etc.

So what would you do?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Have my ex mother-in-law also move in.

2 days max.

Thank me later.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I swear to God Anastacio, I hope you don't live DR (and DR1) :)

I am so looking foward to your posts, they're addicting, better than a Telenovela.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~there was a thread posted to Legal RE: Tenants not paying utilities, however Attorney Guzman posted numerous legal entitlements and what courses need to be taken....read that it may help you somewhat.

~You may have to spend some dinero to get them out legally....or Take Cobraboys offer....probable quicker to have them vacate...:):)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I swear to God Anastacio, I hope you don't live DR (and DR1) :)

I am so looking foward to your posts, they're addicting, better than a Telenovela.

I would prefer the boring life but craziness just seems to follow me around, lol. Never a dull day, keeps me young:eek:gre:

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_UJqtlVZWww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HAHAHAHA, that was so funny, I just played that clip and I am 2 mtrs from the twonker, they looked straight away and then the head went down as I glared into the eyes, "get the fking picture tonto, fkc off", I am now keeping this on repeat and maybe I can drive them mad enough through this. Very good clip!!!
I should stop calling them tonto though, that is just abusive!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Joking aside, this is a serious situation/problem, any actual advice on the matter?
I'm not going legal, worst comes to worst I'll just tie the fkcrs hands together and throw them over the balcony, but I rather avoid hard time!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
There are so many ways to let someone know is NOT welcome !

Have you tried packing his/her sh*t and changing the lock ? Give him/her an ultimatum ?

Good luck Anastacio !

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Well, I have said 'get the fkcu out of my home before I beat you to death', I thought that was quite unwelcoming. I have forced them out of the house only to find they sit on the step until I need to leave the house, and then say nothing, just sit there like a fixture. I can't have people sitting on my doorstep, I am a respected character in my lane, albeit I don't see many people, but the people who do live out here in the sticks would probably shoot the fkcr if I left them sitting outside alnight, kind of need to keep an eye on each others property in Campo. Everyone who does pass knows this character has overstayed the welcome initially offered.
It is just not cool to have drama where I live, I am trying to remain a respected person within the community. A Dominican guy would have just dragged them out by now, but I know this is not how I should play this out, I have my beloved dogs to think about.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
With the Help of Chopin

If you have a lodger living in your house, pays no rent, no bills, does no work just lives around the house, how can you force them to leave. (...)

Hmm, sounds like a member of your wife's family...
Play classical music at Dominican volume +.
Chopin is best.

donP

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Chopin is best.

donP

Wow, that is lovely, I all of a sudden feel quite relaxed and clear minded. I dunno if it will drive them mad but I have switched the TV off while they are watching it and this Angel of the Piano has taken over the house.

I imagine it might get a bit boring after a while though, even for me. Possibly I would top myself before they leave, lol!

Lovely music for a sunday roast thought!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
You know, in Spain I would just call the Guadia civil and they would be here in 2 minutes and have rid of them! Lack of support is my reason for returning to Spain, that and things seem to be looking up on the ground over there. The only thing to look up here are cockroaches, when looking at me!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Someone slip me a link to a Spanish song along the lines of,' just get the fkcu out of here', 'please leave me alone', 'I need some peace', 'you are not welcome', kind of theme.
Anyone know enough about crap music to know anything like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.