Dominicans: On the Beach , inside the sea, Using hat, t-shirt , glasses ...

carlosbra

Aug 1, 2011
Why ?

I dont understand. Why the Dominicans sometimes are non-sense ? :)

Go to the sea, swimming using hat, glasses, t- shirts and sometimes even shoes. jajaja :)

This is unbelievable but it is true.

Is it fashion for the Dominicans ?

carlosbra

Aug 1, 2011
I was on vacation in Bahamas.
So I saw going to the sea using all possible clothes. I said to my girlfriend, They are Dominicans !! :)

Some time later I saw the family again. So I ask. Where are you from ?

The answer !! DR :)

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
That's one of the quirky things I don't understand about my people, you go to the beach and you see everybody swimming on white or black wife beaters and girls with nice bodies swimming on shorts. The shoes is understandable as nobody likes to be stepping on rocks or sharp objects on the seabed. You will see me using swimming shoes anytime, anywhere.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Hats- to avoid sunburn on head
Shoes- to avoid stones and pointy sea life
Beer= to keep you cool and mellow
Sunglasses- so wife cant see you looking at the hot chicas

All make very good sense.

trangalanga

Jun 10, 2011
www.villa-elena-bavaro.com
My grandmother used to tell me that back in her times everybody would swim fully clothed.

At her home town they used these booths at the end of a boardwalk to change into swimming clothes and jump straight into the sea. When I was little we rented the booths a couple of times, out of nostalgia, but they were already pretty run down and useless (this was the 80's).

Now some of them have been renovated and given new uses:

Playa de la Concha

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
My grandmother used to tell me that back in her times everybody would swim fully clothed.

At her home town they used these booths at the end of a boardwalk to change into swimming clothes and jump straight into the sea. When I was little we rented the booths a couple of times, out of nostalgia, but they were already pretty run down and useless (this was the 80's).

Now some of them have been renovated and given new uses:

Playa de la Concha

They had them in England too, they were called "bathing machines".

It's not just Dominicans who swim with clothes, I've seen this in several other Caribbean and Latin American countries too. Reasons range from modesty to not owning a bathing suit.