Family Health Insurance

rick3993

Sep 5, 2006
I am American and my wife is Dominican and we have 2 kids 6 and 8. We have been living here for 1 and a half years. Can anyone help me out in getting full medical insurance for me and my family? Dental, medical and medicine..Any help is usefull because we have lost our insurance from the USA 6 monthes ago...
Thank you, Rick and Reyita

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
It is not difficult to get medical insurance. Where are you located? If it's near Santiago, I can suggest an agent to you or you can go to the AdScene website and look at the ad there for insurance.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I am American and my wife is Dominican and we have 2 kids 6 and 8. We have been living here for 1 and a half years. Can anyone help me out in getting full medical insurance for me and my family? Dental, medical and medicine..Any help is usefull because we have lost our insurance from the USA 6 monthes ago...
Thank you, Rick and Reyita

Agent I use is In Santo Domingo is
Alvarez Serra In jardines de gazcue on Pasteur They handle all kinds of Ins. Health, car, life ect
809-563-2367

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Have Health Ins. For Six People.

Me,my wife,and 4 kids,ages 7 to 19.
I use "Servicios Dominicano de Salud",or "SDS".
Cost is 60,000 pesos per year, total,or 10,000 pesos per person.
Includes Dental,dental covers a few free things,check ups,x-rays,cleaning,floride treatments,etc.and about 50 % of proceedures and braces,which all Dominicans want,it's become a Vanity thing!
No Medicine coverage.
Great emergency/hospitalization coverage,100%.
I suggest you go directly to the main office of 3 to 4 companies,get their "Book" explaining all that is covered,which hospitals,and which doctors accept their plans.
Then I suggest that you NEVER get a Chronic diseas,cancer,diabetes,or anything that needs long term treatment.DR med. ins. has annual, and life time coverage limits,per person,and per policy.
These limits are set by which level of coverage you choose,and how much each costs.
I sure sleep better knowing we are covered here.

Cris Colon