Cleanup in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

"Under the enthusiastic leadership of Councilor Do?? Moreno last week a large group of citizens cleaned up the streets.

"This was done in El Batey, Charamicos, Maranatha, Sos?a Abajo, Los Castillos, La Uni?n and Sabaneta Cangrejos in a few days. The mayor Ilana Neumann made trucks, brooms and shovels available for the job. Hundreds of residents voluntarily registered for this clean up action. Do?? Moreno said after the action that it strengthened the mutual solidarity in the community and that therefore also the different neighborhoods became cleaner and more livable."

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I really hope this changes people's attitudes to waste disposal, but somewhow can't see them changing the littering habits of a lifetime!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Baby steps. This is all positive and hopefully the younger generation is being educated about the environment and the damage all this waste is causing their country.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
The evening before the hurricane Iren hit Sosua, I saw that a lot of people had put their garbage in the street. Very Smart !!!!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
From today's Sosua News:

"Under the enthusiastic leadership of Councilor Do?? Moreno last week a large group of citizens cleaned up the streets.

"This was done in El Batey, Charamicos, Maranatha, Sos?a Abajo, Los Castillos, La Uni?n and Sabaneta Cangrejos in a few days. The mayor Ilana Neumann made trucks, brooms and shovels available for the job. Hundreds of residents voluntarily registered for this clean up action. Do?? Moreno said after the action that it strengthened the mutual solidarity in the community and that therefore also the different neighborhoods became cleaner and more livable."

That's a greeat way to meet real people who are contributing to a community.

The evening before the hurricane Iren hit Sosua, I saw that a lot of people had put their garbage in the street. Very Smart !!!!

My neighbor here in Santo Thistrafficisajokeright painted the roof above his condo with Lanco waterproof paint the day Irene passed to the north. I told him it's going to rain later. He said it says on the can that the you can walk on it after an hour.

I told him it you can walk on it but it takes 24 to 48 hours to set up and be waterproof. Most of it washed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.