Auto body work in the North Coast

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Does anyone know of a reasonable auto body repair person in the North Coast. I am currently in Costambar for 3 months and I have a rental car. However for some reason there is a person going around keying cars and my car has been unfortunately targeted. Everytime I turn around there is a new carving on my car and I have finally secured better parking from my landlord but I want to look at the cost to get this fixed before I return it. If it is too much then I will have to deal with the rental people however I want to look into the costs for it. Thanks!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There is a collision/body shop in Puerto Plata. It is on one of the streets that runs off 27 de Febrero (after Scotia Bank and before the junction with Jos? E. Kunhardt), toward Sos?a. Sorry I am not in PP right now, but someone I know had body work done there a few years ago.

If I remember correctly, it is near Antera Mota, but I can't guarantee that that is the case.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Carmelo Palin
Padre Castellanos No.75
Puerto Plata
809-586-3019/586-7921

This guy does good work at a good price.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Bodyshop on the North Coast

The guy behind Caribe Tours in PP does excellent work. I only wish I could remember his name.

The man's name is Arturo and his phone number is 809 586 2626.

He's by far the best bodyshop on the North coast.

John

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
The man's name is Arturo and his phone number is 809 586 2626.

He's by far the best bodyshop on the North coast.

John

What about his paint jobs, are they good as well? Paint jobs that actually match the vehicle color?

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
There is a collision/body shop in Puerto Plata. It is on one of the streets that runs off 27 de Febrero (after Scotia Bank and before the junction with Jos? E. Kunhardt), toward Sos?a. Sorry I am not in PP right now, but someone I know had body work done there a few years ago.

If I remember correctly, it is near Antera Mota, but I can't guarantee that that is the case.

When you turn on to 27 de Febrero, you go past the Tropical Supermarket and Scotia Bank and you go up to the traffic light, which will be Calle Antera Mota. Make a left turn at this light and go down about 2 or 3 blocks and you will see the body shop on the left hand side. Can't miss it!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Regarding the fellow near Caribe Tours. He caters to the Merceedes/Lexus/Land Rover crowd. His quote for a minor repair of some scratches was double what we eventually had the job done for by a person east of Cabarete. But I could see he also had a top level operation and he said during his quote process that he can match any color.

YUL514

Aug 28, 2010
In Sosua,there is one behind the repuesto near the Playero on the main road.He's Canadian and does excellent work.The last time I was in the DR,someone tried breaking-in my rental and damaged the door frame and the roof.He fixed it in a few hours.The paint was a perfect match and the price was fair.Don't say that you are a tourist but that you live there,the price will be cheaper.

Mike

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Wow what an awesome response thank you everyone. I drove behind Caribe tours and there were 2 body shops Arturo and Johanny so I am glad someone cleared up which one it is. I will check the Canadian guy in Sosua since I am heading that way today. As usual you guys are totally awesome.