Classico's & P.C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
Anyone been there lately? I was just looking at some Youtube vids earlier and some comments were saying there has been police busts lately I guess cracking down on the puta's etc

So is this the case,? And has Pedro Clisante been siginificantly cleaned up as well or is it stil heaving with Puta's and pimps just like it was when I was last there February this year?

Montago

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
How do you plan to clean up putas? Aren't they bathed?
I believe such transactions are legal in the DR as they are in most civilized places.
So what would the police have to do with their activity?
Der Fish

There is not doubt the police do get involved more than is needed, and so it certainly is not as clear as you mention. No pimps, or transactions in public are allowed, in a private venue then the venue can be seen as playing a part in the transaction and as this is associated with selling sex then they would come under pimp, pimps are not legal, no third party can be involved. You have gentlemens clubs that are very popular so where do they get there rules. This is a tolerated job, I doubt anyone knows where the lines are drawn, and even where the laws are thought of, simply because different rules apply to different areas, venues and girls.
There are a million different variations of what is and is not legal.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I heard the cops have eased up quite a bit according to my Sosua sources. And Latinos even took down the privacy enclosure they put up a few short months ago......66 days until my 45 day vacation in Sosua............

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I heard the cops have eased up quite a bit according to my Sosua sources. And Latinos even took down the privacy enclosure they put up a few short months ago......66 days until my 45 day vacation in Sosua............

What a coincidence, since I mentioned "the wall," it's a story on Sosua News:

Latino Bar removes the dark glass wall

Last week the manager of the Latino bar / nightclub had the dark glass wall removed again from the street site of his bar. This allows people passing by to have look inside and the people at the bar can watch the street again and see what's happening outside. For some time now you can see that the tourist police (Politur) act more restraint than before.

Latino Bar removes the dark glass wall In late June, a committee under the Ministry of Tourism of Santo Domingo and the Ministry of Health (Salud P?blico) visited Sos?a. During the inspection tour, the committee members were overwhelmed with complaints from the bar and restaurant owners. Moreover, the committee itself could also see that many bars and restaurants were closed and there was little clientele for those still in business. They decided to suspend their tour of inspection and to go in consultation with Mayor Ilana Neumann and the commander of the Politur. It is certainly true, they were very shocked by the impoverishment of Sos?a. After this Politur acted more restraint than before. Now that the Latino bar is restored again to its former glory we have another example of this more tolerant policy.

Damn, I could have swore he meant: "Alcaldessa Nuemann, tear down this wall (Latinos) !!!!!!!!!!"
Reagan: "...tear down this wall." - YouTube

Happy Days Are Here Again (this song is dedicated to Africaida):
Annette Hanshaw - Happy Days Are Here Again - YouTube

Mar 2, 2008
I have been reluctant to post anything on this site, but I can't resist, since Montago is so intent on stirring the pot.

Please note his/her other recent thread regarding an equally 'hot-button' issue, and I think you will clearly see that he/she is simply attempting to create controversy and acrimony . I'm sure that result will be completely acceptable to many on this board, but for those of you who appreciate a meaningful dialog, please don't get sucked into this poster's obvious ploy.

For those of you who choice to participate in this farce, at least you have been been forewarned. Have fun.

By the way, for those who do not know, this type of poster is commonly referred to as a 'troll'. Look it up.

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
I have been reluctant to post anything on this site, but I can't resist, since Montago is so intent on stirring the pot.

Please note his/her other recent thread regarding an equally 'hot-button' issue, and I think you will clearly see that he/she is simply attempting to create controversy and acrimony . I'm sure that result will be completely acceptable to many on this board, but for those of you who appreciate a meaningful dialog, please don't get sucked into this poster's obvious ploy.

For those of you who choice to participate in this farce, at least you have been been forewarned. Have fun.

By the way, for those who do not know, this type of poster is commonly referred to as a 'troll'. Look it up.

Excuse me, if I may respond. I am not trying to stir anything whatsoever. It was not my intention with my previous post to incite unsavoury reactions, I asked a simple question as Ive read lots but don't know so much as I don't live there-hence the question being specifically directed as 'Sosua Residents' . If people make less than desirable remarks thats not my problem.

This post, is if you have read what I asked that is, is in relation to comments I read from a youtube video which implied there was a big crackdown on working girls and drugs from the police. Again this is a valid question not stirring up controversial posts which you seem to think I am, not that I care what you think. However I am happy to clear up my intentions to anyone else who may doubt mine.

For the record, not everyone's mind and thought processes work like yours......

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

Yes, the wall is now down, it actually went up quite a few months ago, last November. The name has also change to Velero.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Anyone been there lately? I was just looking at some Youtube vids earlier and some comments were saying there has been police busts lately I guess cracking down on the puta's etc
So is this the case,? And has Pedro Clisante been siginificantly cleaned up as well or is it stil heaving with Puta's and pimps just like it was when I was last there February this year?
Montago
Another amazing Sosua post!! My wife & I were in Sosua in May/June for five weeks and to say "it" (PC or Classicos) was heaving with Puta's and Pimps is, quite frankly, nonsense! Once again we have yet another DR1'er that is, for whatever reason, asking bullsh*t questions about Sosua that are designed to elicit bullsh*t replies. Perhaps Montago, instead of watching Youtube, you might want to go in person again to PC and Sosua giving you the opportunity to answer your own question instead of stirring things up.
Well said Catcher!
Regards
Ian & Ellie.

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
Another amazing Sosua post!! My wife & I were in Sosua in May/June for five weeks and to say "it" (PC or Classicos) was heaving with Puta's and Pimps is, quite frankly, nonsense! Once again we have yet another DR1'er that is, for whatever reason, asking bullsh*t questions about Sosua that are designed to elicit bullsh*t replies. Perhaps Montago, instead of watching Youtube, you might want to go in person again to PC and Sosua giving you the opportunity to answer your own question instead of stirring things up.
Well said Catcher!
Regards
Ian & Ellie.

Since Ive looked at this website there has been plenty of occasions where Ive noticed guys who have said '' This is why I never post on here'' Or 'Here we again why they hell do I post here'' It makes perfect sense now as the self aclaimed moderators, the know it alls, the psychics of this world who knows everyones intentions just love to come out and show everyone how to take the moral high ground. I know your types believe me....

Also ''Heaving with Putas and Pimps'' , let me guess your wife and you used to walk around during the daytime. Have a look at classicos bout 1am.

You know im done with this site , people like you make me angry

Last edited:

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Also ''Heaving with Putas and Pimps'' , let me guess your wife and you used to walk around during the daytime. Have a look at classicos bout 1am.
You know im done with this site , people like you make me angry
'Fraid not - we we're out 'till the early hours at least three or four times a week - and we'll be back in 42 days for some more!!
I make you angry :-/ Why? Because I disagree with you? When your posts seem to be just to slag off my favourite place for no reason; then you and I are always gonna fall out I'm afraid. Perhaps, instead of 'being done with this site' & spitting your dummy out, you might come back with a post that is informative, funny, gives help or shares actual knowledge (rather than innuendo or 'what you've heard) then you might get some people to give your posts some credibility.
Montago, look at my posts ..... I'm neither "a saint nor a psychic nor a know it all" but I AM a working class guy that has invested in the town. and is looking forward to returning for his 22nd visit this October - what's your claim to fame :)
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Last edited:

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
'Fraid not - we we're out 'till the early hours at least three or four times a week - and we'll be back in 42 days for some more!!
I make you angry :-/ Why? Because I disagree with you? When your posts seem to be just to slag off my favourite place for no reason; then you and I are always gonna fall out I'm afraid. Perhaps, instead of 'being done with this site' & spitting your dummy out, you might come back with a post that is informative, funny, gives help or shares actual knowledge (rather than innuendo or 'what you've heard) then you might get some people to give your posts some credibility.
Montago, look at my posts ..... I'm neither "a saint nor a psychic nor a know it all" but I AM a working class guy that has invested in the town. and is looking forward to returning for his 22nd visit this October - what's your claim to fame :)
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Well I will concede you have put a smile on my face :) Im not here to have arguments, and having heard your side of the story I can say i do understand why you felt the post was in bad taste, especially as you invested there. I do really like the place also and am returning for a second time this December. Mind you I do travel 12 hours each way for the pleasure.

I felt/ feel agrieved that people seem to think I am out to stir up crap. ive learned my lesson. I will take any information I require by not posting here and share input where I can.

My claim to fame is I am a lovely charming guy and anyone would would be pleased to meet me......

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Well I will concede you have put a smile on my face :) Im not here to have arguments, and having heard your side of the story I can say i do understand why you felt the post was in bad taste, especially as you invested there. I do really like the place also and am returning for a second time this December. Mind you I do travel 12 hours each way for the pleasure.
I felt/ feel agrieved that people seem to think I am out to stir up crap. ive learned my lesson. I will take any information I require by not posting here and share input where I can.
My claim to fame is I am a lovely charming guy and anyone would would be pleased to meet me......

I think it can be said that I am a staunch defender of Sosua, no arguments there LOL I wasn't "having a go" nor have any wish to upset anybody on DR1 (including yourself) but, you'll get a lot more out if you think about how others perceive your comments. I hope you have a great time when you return in December (I know we shall in October ... and May ... and November ...and...). should our paths cross, would love to raise a glass with you.
As an aside, nice to see you back JR!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Montago

Feb 15, 2011
I think it can be said that I am a staunch defender of Sosua, no arguments there LOL I wasn't "having a go" nor have any wish to upset anybody on DR1 (including yourself) but, you'll get a lot more out if you think about how others perceive your comments. I hope you have a great time when you return in December (I know we shall in October ... and May ... and November ...and...). should our paths cross, would love to raise a glass with you.
As an aside, nice to see you back JR!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Excellent :) Lesson learned and many thanks for the nice wishes. I sincerely hope you both have a wonderful time in October :) And yes who knows we could cross paths in Classico's LOL

Take care

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Yes, the wall is now down, it actually went up quite a few months ago, last November. The name has also change to Velero.

Yes, I know.....I was there in Sosua when they put it up.......didn't know about the name change....It'll still be Latinos to me,,,,,,

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

Don't mean nothin' The only consistency there is in-consistency.

Frito, You gonna post a trip report here?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yeah, i'll never get use to Velero. from time to time i still say Sosua Life.....

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Don't mean nothin' The only consistency there is in-consistency.

Frito, You gonna post a trip report here?[/QUOTE]

Nobody wants to hear about my "excellent adventures........" Many would be approriate for Ripley's "Believe it or Not" tales.......LOL...........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.