Doctor Required - Punta Cana Med Centre vs Hospiten?

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
It appears I may have to visit a Dr due to some viral/gastro symptoms and general malaise but have no idea where to go.

Probable blood tests required and a professional consultation.

I have heard conflicting reports about the above clinics. I'm probably going to try tonight or tomorrow when husband is here to take me and translate.

Any advise appreciated.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I personally recommend Hospiten. The few times I've been to CM Punta Cana, I haven't been impressed at all.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
It appears I may have to visit a Dr due to some viral/gastro symptoms and general malaise but have no idea where to go.

Probable blood tests required and a professional consultation.

I have heard conflicting reports about the above clinics. I'm probably going to try tonight or tomorrow when husband is here to take me and translate.

Any advise appreciated.

~I have not had the pleasure of using either....thankfully, however please let us know your choice and how you felt the treatment you received was.....Feel Better:)

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
Well, let's say I was hoping that I'd get some actual experiential advice here, maybe not!

Perhaps DR1 is more helpful for finding out where to eat or get your gel nails done - jajaja.

I have lived here a year and not yet had to seek medical services, so I was at a loss at where to begin.

I bit the bullet and went to the PC Medical Centre and was pleasantly suprised.

It was clean and looked fairly efficiently run. Described my symptoms, was injected with some stuff and told my blood results would be ready in 2 hrs.

With my insurance card cost less than we spend getting a couple of coffees & croissant in the morning.

I have only visited Hospiten in Mexico and in the end went to different private clinic for a faster service.

I managed to get by in Spanish and one of the nurses spoke to me in English.

Punta Cana Medical Centre seemed OK to me - although for surgery I would probably go to the city or home! I was, in a previous incarnation, a nurse - so feel I can give it an informed thumbs up.

Everyone was very smiley too. All in all not too bad an experience -
Let's just see what the results show! :ermm:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I pretty much agree with the assessment of PC Med Center. But I had a problem and went there once. They were very professional but could not come up with the cure.

It was something with my balance. A Dominican that worked for me told me to go to the Bavaro Clinic next door to the PC Clinic and ask for Dr. Rodriguez.

I wanted to run out of the place when I got there, as there were only 3 people working, Dr. Rodriguez, who runs the place, another guy who I think was a Dr. and a nurse.

Well this Dr. Rodriguez diagnosed the problem in five minutes, it was in my ears. He gave me a prescription for the Farmacia and a shot.

Cured, one hundred percent in 3 days. I took two friends of mine there after that with virtually the same results. Dr. Rodriguez gave me his cell number to call if I need him and he comes to the clinic even if he is off.

I have Dominican Insurance, but I did not have the nerve to ask if they took it , as the price was nothing to begin with. They may have it, you can ask.

But don’t expect the Waldorf when you get there.