Radiotherapy in Santo Domingo?

Amanda Jade

Aug 2, 2003
I am desperately trying to find out whether there is a hospital/clinic that offers radiotherapy in Santo Domingo.

My partner is currently undergoing chemotherapy for stomach cancer, but the medics keep saying he needs radiotherapy and are suggesting he goes to Cuba. But this is not an option, due to a lack of finance.

Please help...!

Amanda Jade

Aug 2, 2003
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I am absolutely desperate and you have given me new hope. The thought of him having to go to Cuba and having to try to find the money was making matters worse.

What makes it even more unbearable is that he is only 29 years old and stomach cancer is so rare at this age, so you can imagine the shock... and what is worse is the pain he is going through.

We are planning on getting married next year, after 8 years together - so still hoping for the best!!

Thanks again for the information.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's likely to be expensive, but hopefully not as much as going to Cuba. I'm surprised though that the doctors didn't suggest that option.

Amanda Jade

Aug 2, 2003
No it wasn't suggested...they just kept saying they didn't have the equipment and then talking about Cuba.

I will do my own investigations now I know there are alternatives.

Thanks again, I will post back and let you know how I get on.