Maracas Restaurant in Cabarete!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In 10 years I have not been there. I understand it has been one of the restaurants on the beach in Cabarete for some time.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I assume you are the owners?
They could be potential buyers. place has been for sale for a year or more.

I live in Cabarete and ate there once a few months after they opened. Cesar, the manager/waiter was nice. Food was underwhelming and to be honest had me doubting the skills of the chef and the safety of eating it. I've not been back and know no one else who has ever been there. Many residents seem to have no idea of what/where it is.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
In 10 years I have not been there. I understand it has been one of the restaurants on the beach in Cabarete for some time.

It hasn't really been there that long....about 5 years ago that spot was Grill 15, an Argentinian "style" steak house...then something else , then dormant a while before becoming Maracas...but like CFA said, it hasn't made much of a splash in Cabarete...I haven't been and don't know anyone who's tried it...they should do some kind of promotion, maybe throw an event or two there...

Jan 17, 2009
Is it Maraja the restaurant you're asking about inside the Tangerine Palace? I don't know any Maracas.

if it is Maraja, my husband and I dined there about a month ago. We both loved it. The food was very good, prices reasonable, and excellent service.

Jan 17, 2009
Oh, yeah, you're right. I completely forgot about the restaurant next to Ojos. Never ate there. Location is good though but there are been several restaurants there over the past four or five years Prior to Maracas, it was a steak house. Terrible.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
If you are original, and do not serve the crap everybody else serves there, I will pay you a visit..

Good luck

jayandmel

Aug 31, 2011
I don't want to give away what I am putting together for my menu but I can assure it should please a few palates out there. Then again I could be very wrong.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If you are serious, why wouldn't you want to do some market research and see what the reaction is to your ideas? Not necessarily here on DR1, but I think you should poll as many potential customers as possible...

jayandmel

Aug 31, 2011
I have actually done that for the last few months and just returned to the US because I have a family member that is passing from lung cancer, but will be back to the DR in November. I saw that bar when I was in Cabarete last and it had a ton of potential just because of its neighbors so I figured I would see what people thought of it.
Thank you for your response David