French citizen kills robber

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
What happen in such cases ?

I understand he is still "detenido", but will they release him ? Will this go to trial ?

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~I am sure some family member of the decedent will seek restitution from the Frenchman...not really sure how self defense work in the DR legal system...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I understand he is still "detenido", but will they release him ? Will this go to trial ?

That will all depend upon how much money changes hands from this point forward.

~I guess they shouldn't have messed with a French Military Sharp shooter~
Yes, the French and their military are well known in the world.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The REAL mystery is,"Who Tipped Off The Thieves"??????
I see there was a Dominican Woman in the car!!!!
I'd "Shake" her and see what falls out!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think he is better off detained until he can organize his own safety or go back to France

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It is not unheard of in the DR,to have informants working in the bank,"TIP OFF" THIEVES WAITING OUTSIDE WHEN THERE IS A LARGE CASH WITHDRAWL.
cccccccc

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I think he is better off detained until he can organize his own safety or go back to France
I doubt he will see any reason to go back to France. It's happened in the past, and even to one of our posters who wasted a scumbag that was trying to rob him and he didn't run anywhere. To the contrary the thief's friends will be scared ****less of him. Waytogo Frenchie.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006

I'm pretty sure it won't. He is being detained due to process only. He will be set free once everything is clear.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If the first report here on DR1 is correct, the item on Dominicantoday is really poor reporting, since no mention was made of the large cash withdrawal taken from the bank and the fact that the victim was riding in a vehicle...allegedly driven by a woman!

Generally speaking there has been nothing but praise for the fellow who did the shooting.

Forget references to the efficiency of not of the French military (an oxymoron in and of itself), the guy lived and the other one did not.

HB

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
All people who help crooks and robbers reach their ultimate destinations should be applauded and rewarded. A dead drug dealer cannot supply anyone with drugs. A dead robber cannot rob any more. Well done.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Dealing drugs and theft now deserve the death penalty?

Why don't you bugger off to Afghanistan with all the other Taliban?

Thank god people like you are not smart enough to get elected.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dealing drugs and theft now deserve the death penalty?

Why don't you bugger off to Afghanistan with all the other Taliban?

Thank god people like you are not smart enough to get elected.

Is what you are saying that you should not protect yourself with deadly force if you are being attacked and robbed?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
It sounds like it happened in self defense, the bad guy wanted to shoot the Frenchman but his gun malfunctioned. I think the world is better off without this guy in the streets.