traveling solo and air quality

Melja

Sep 2, 2011
I am planning to stay in Bavaro beach this winter. Since I am struggling with health issues can somebody shed a light on the air quality in this area? Is there heavy traffic?

And also, for a woman travelling alone, is it safe? I have traveled before so I know the ins and outs but I just want to hear some more about it.

thanks

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
No, not a lot of traffic, and there are many single people young and old (more old) spend winter there. It is warm though and the air can feel thick when humid, overly hot would not be good for some conditions so that will be more relevant than polution.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I am a single woman and have traveled to the Bavaro area, as well as many other parts of DR and Caribbean alone or with my family. Yes, it is safe as long as you dress and behave properly, in a manner, respectful to your surroundings. Pick people to talk to wisely, and walk away from anyone who tries to take advantage. Enjoy!

Melja

Sep 2, 2011
Would it be easy to meet up with other people? I am an easy talker but not interested in obscure man. :rolleyes: just for a drink once in a while..

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It depends on you, I have never had problems making friends, not always glad I did but plenty to talk to, especially if you are alone. You will meet many people in the same boat.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Melja,
The air quality is fantastic here on the north coast -4000 miles plus across the altlantic - the air is sweet and the lightning blue when we have T-storms

Air quality is just something else here on the north coast

Enjoy

OLLY