Mountain Road Between Gaspar Hernandez and Tenares

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Has anyone taken this road recently? What is it's condition? Is there/has there been any work done on it the last 6 months or so?

Where would be a good place to stop for coffee and a nice vista?

TIA

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I would probably stop in Blanco Arriba to get something to drink. As you go from Blanco Arriba to Joba Arriba is where you get your best views.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I would probably stop in Blanco Arriba to get something to drink. As you go from Blanco Arriba to Joba Arriba is where you get your best views.
Tom, when were you there last? What was the road condition like?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Its been more than 6 months since I took it last, The road is pretty bad as you get closer to Tenares last time I used it.
Pat, how would you compare the condition to the Jimao road between Moca and Sabeneta de Yasica?

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, I give myself an hour from Gaspar Hernandez to Tenares. There are a few spots past Joba Arriba where you can pull off the road and feel the breeze and enjoy views on both sides. If you happen to be there in the Spring and the Amapola trees are in bloom, it is amazing.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Yes, I give myself an hour from Gaspar Hernandez to Tenares. There are a few spots past Joba Arriba where you can pull off the road and feel the breeze and enjoy views on both sides. If you happen to be there in the Spring and the Amapola trees are in bloom, it is amazing.
What was the condition of the road?

martes_dr

Dec 5, 2010
A few months ago I took the road and the first half was pretty bad, but the rest was totally new and they were working on it, so I guess by now it should be quite good in total.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
What was the condition of the road?

I've taken that road a few times in the last 2 months, it's "ok" - better than la turistica between sosua and santiago but worse than the route through jamao. The first third of the road (close to Gaspar Hernandez) is under active construction, so a bit of a pain, but the after Joba Arriba it's much better aside from a couple of spots.