Gorgeous, male, German Shepherd looking for home (free of charge!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
This beautiful dog is looking to be adopted into a home.

321322_10150310948849260_507624259_7845495_321588_n.jpg

We found this dog outside our home a few weeks ago. He was in very rough shape at the time. He had mange, large cuts in his feet and was extremely thin. We knew if we left him outside on the street he would not survive so we agreed to take him into our home, nurse him back to health and then find him a good, permanent home. Unfortunately we are unable to keep him ourselves as we already have three dogs who are not accepting of new pets in ?their? house. We also have a few other animals and a baby on the way very soon so we just feel he would be much better off with a family who could give him the attention and care he deserves.

He is a male between the age of 6 to 12 months. We aren?t positive but he looks very much like a German Shepherd, which our vet also agreed he is. He is already quite large and still has some growing to do. He is extremely kind and loving. His hobbies include laying in the grass, playing with his dog toys, and eating. He has not yet been sterilized but we can have that done before he is adopted if that is what his new owner prefers.

He is in much better shape than when he was found a few weeks ago (as you can see in his photo) but he does still have a little bit to go before he is in perfect health. We would be more than happy to keep him until all treatments and fattening up are complete.

We are located in Cabrera but my husband and/or I travel to the Cabarete/Sosua/Puerto Plata area at least once a month so if you are in that area or anywhere between there and Cabrera, we would certainly be able to bring the dog to you. If you are located anywhere else on the island and would be interested in adopting this beautiful dog, please don?t hesitate to contact me and we can try to arrange transportation to you.

If anyone is at all interested or has a friend or family member who would be, please contact me here in this thread or PM me. If you would like more photos or more information on the dogs, again, please do not hesitate to ask. This dog absolutely deserves a loving home and family. I hope that someone out there can help to make that happen. Thank you so much in advance!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I think it is great that there are people like you around....

Unfortunately we already have plenty of dogs...

Let us hope you find a good home for that beautiful dog

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
This beautiful dog is looking to be adopted into a home.

321322_10150310948849260_507624259_7845495_321588_n.jpg

We found this dog outside our home a few weeks ago. He was in very rough shape at the time. He had mange, large cuts in his feet and was extremely thin. We knew if we left him outside on the street he would not survive so we agreed to take him into our home, nurse him back to health and then find him a good, permanent home. Unfortunately we are unable to keep him ourselves as we already have three dogs who are not accepting of new pets in ?their? house. We also have a few other animals and a baby on the way very soon so we just feel he would be much better off with a family who could give him the attention and care he deserves.

He is a male between the age of 6 to 12 months. We aren?t positive but he looks very much like a German Shepherd, which our vet also agreed he is. He is already quite large and still has some growing to do. He is extremely kind and loving. His hobbies include laying in the grass, playing with his dog toys, and eating. He has not yet been sterilized but we can have that done before he is adopted if that is what his new owner prefers.

He is in much better shape than when he was found a few weeks ago (as you can see in his photo) but he does still have a little bit to go before he is in perfect health. We would be more than happy to keep him until all treatments and fattening up are complete.

We are located in Cabrera but my husband and/or I travel to the Cabarete/Sosua/Puerto Plata area at least once a month so if you are in that area or anywhere between there and Cabrera, we would certainly be able to bring the dog to you. If you are located anywhere else on the island and would be interested in adopting this beautiful dog, please don?t hesitate to contact me and we can try to arrange transportation to you.

If anyone is at all interested or has a friend or family member who would be, please contact me here in this thread or PM me. If you would like more photos or more information on the dogs, again, please do not hesitate to ask. This dog absolutely deserves a loving home and family. I hope that someone out there can help to make that happen. Thank you so much in advance!

DANG.. DANG... DANG.................................. DANG.

You write very well.... Dang you.

We and several others have animals that we are trying to place to good homes. We are Foster doggey, cat and even donkey care foster parents (?) through AAAS. Most of us do not take anything to maintain these animals from AAAS but they do a great job helping us help them with some medical care.

It has taken two years to place two dogs from the several that we have cared for. One year to place two cats, brother and sister. AAAS did the needed medical work and we took over with everything else but AAAS has been behind us when needed all the time. We still have another dog that needs a home and believe me or not... a rescued and now retire donkey. He has become sooo fat and bonded with our horses. Fun to be a part of but has had us on the edge of our seats at times.

But to get back to YOUR question? Ya...

Get hold of Judy at AAAS or Dr. Bob if Judy is on a well deserved vacation. YOU donate or pay for the check up and shots as needed. We can have him fixed later after....

... you bring him to our place and let us see how everyone gets along. 4 other dogs, two horses, one donkey and us though not all around on the property at the same time.

IF someone else wants to take him.... GREAT! I would hope that this good looking guy would be easy to find a good home. If not, let me/us know via PM and we can work out the details for our .... another... foster doggey care with us.

NICE post.

Last edited:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
(could i interest you in a very nice little donkey too?) I hope it works out with the big puppy. (said with a big grin)

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Thank you, belgiank, Ringo and zoey_kat for your kind responses!

Ringo, it is fantastic to hear what you and others are doing to foster these animals until permanent homes can be found. What a difference you are making. Thank you so much for the offer to foster this beautiful dog until a home can be found for him. As you have seen from the post below yours, the kind zoey_kat has offered to take the dog, but is unable to take him until December. I have PMed her for more details on this, along with some questions on the home and the life he would lead. We are extremely excited to hear that he may have a good home with her but are still waiting to confirm things at the moment. It may be difficult for us to keep the dog here at our home until December. Do you think a short time fostering would work for you if we were to get all of his vaccinations done with Judy/Dr.Bob beforehand and have the dog brought to you then taken to this permanent home in December? Or do you think this may be a bit too confusing for the dog to move between 3 homes in just 3 months? Please let me know what you think. Again, thank you so much for your kindness. I will update you on the situation when I hear more from zoey_kat.

Zoey_kat, this is fantastic news! I have just sent you a PM and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

For any others who may still be interested, please do not hesitate to contact me for more information, as nothing has been confirmed at this time. I will be sure to update all of you when we know if the dog has found his permanent home.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thank you, belgiank, Ringo and zoey_kat for your kind responses!

Ringo, it is fantastic to hear what you and others are doing to foster these animals until permanent homes can be found. What a difference you are making. Thank you so much for the offer to foster this beautiful dog until a home can be found for him. As you have seen from the post below yours, the kind zoey_kat has offered to take the dog, but is unable to take him until December. I have PMed her for more details on this, along with some questions on the home and the life he would lead. We are extremely excited to hear that he may have a good home with her but are still waiting to confirm things at the moment. It may be difficult for us to keep the dog here at our home until December. Do you think a short time fostering would work for you if we were to get all of his vaccinations done with Judy/Dr.Bob beforehand and have the dog brought to you then taken to this permanent home in December? Or do you think this may be a bit too confusing for the dog to move between 3 homes in just 3 months? Please let me know what you think. Again, thank you so much for your kindness. I will update you on the situation when I hear more from zoey_kat.

Zoey_kat, this is fantastic news! I have just sent you a PM and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

For any others who may still be interested, please do not hesitate to contact me for more information, as nothing has been confirmed at this time. I will be sure to update all of you when we know if the dog has found his permanent home.

I would suggest that you keep the dog as long as you can. When/if he needs another temp. home while waiting for Zoey_kat, we can take him in.

It might be a little stressful moving him around but I think that with some love in a good home he will adjust quickly.

Maybe today someone will fall in love with this guy and take him to his new home.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Hi, I have been looking for a German Shepherd/Belgian Malinois. I have had 2 Golden Retrievers and a rescue dog, and now have (In the DR) a street dog rescue I brought home with a broken leg (Samana) and a Boston Terrier (Cookie). I will be moving back to Wisconsin in about a year. There I have a XC ski resort with a fair amount of acreage for the dogs and run, ski, etc., so provide a good environment for animals. Here we have a fairly nice yard as far as Santiago is concerned!!! The owner of the house we rent has 2 Belgian Malinois on our rental property, and a third comes with her when she feeds them, so would have other bigger dogs to socialize with in addition to our 2 smaller dogs.

I would gladly come at any time to look at the dog and could take him immediately. I can pay to neuter the dog. ...tom

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Latitude19, thank you so much for your kind offer to adopt the dog! We have actually had a few other offers already but have not yet confirmed anything with any of them. We are currently trying to decide which would be the best home for the dog depending on space to run, shelter, company, and when he can be adopted. We will certainly take your information into consideration, as it sounds like you could provide a fantastic life for this dog. I will be in touch again soon if we have any further questions for you or if we decide on a home. Thanks again!!

JDJones, haha perhaps his great great grandfather was a chihuahua...an extra large chihuahua!

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Hello, That sounds good. Another thing to take into consideration is who wants the dog but might not necessarily be able to afford him otherwise. I can afford to buy thru a breeder here. If there is someone else who can't afford to and can provide a good home, that may be best.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Latitude19, just in case you haven't received it yet, I wanted to let you know that I sent you a PM a bit earlier today. Look forward to hearing back soon.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I just wanted to give everyone a quick update to let you know that we have found a home for this beautiful, deserving dog. He will be going to live with a family (DR1 poster, rick777) in Sosua as of next weekend. They have 3 children to play with him and keep him company, as well as a large yard for him to run, so we think it should be an excellent fit! :) Thanks again to everyone who showed interest!!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I just wanted to give everyone a quick update to let you know that we have found a home for this beautiful, deserving dog. He will be going to live with a family (DR1 poster, rick777) in Sosua as of next weekend. They have 3 children to play with him and keep him company, as well as a large yard for him to run, so we think it should be an excellent fit! :) Thanks again to everyone who showed interest!!!

All is good!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.