Tunnel from Galeria360 to metro

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I read somewhere on this forum, I think it was Pichardo, that a tunnel will be made from the north side of Kennedy to the metro station on the south side, at Galeria 360 / Agora mall.

About half a year ago I had a lengthy discussion with my 'cu?ados' and their 'primos' me saying I would make a tunnel to connect Ikea to the metro station / Agora mall, and all of them telling me that's impossible while the platforms of the metro are only at the south side (with a long explanation how the trains will handle letting passengers off and on for both directions in the way it's done on line 1) while I thought and defended they would have two tracks with platforms on north and south side and they could have the possibility to make an intermediate level that communicates both platforms and also facilitates access to a tunnel under Kennedy to go to the other stores on the north side.

At the end of the discussion I surrendered that they could be right, but here I read there is going to be a tunnel. Anyone who can confirm how it's going to be?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I read somewhere on this forum, I think it was Pichardo, that a tunnel will be made from the north side of Kennedy to the metro station on the south side, at Galeria 360 / Agora mall.

About half a year ago I had a lengthy discussion with my 'cu?ados' and their 'primos' me saying I would make a tunnel to connect Ikea to the metro station / Agora mall, and all of them telling me that's impossible while the platforms of the metro are only at the south side (with a long explanation how the trains will handle letting passengers off and on for both directions in the way it's done on line 1) while I thought and defended they would have two tracks with platforms on north and south side and they could have the possibility to make an intermediate level that communicates both platforms and also facilitates access to a tunnel under Kennedy to go to the other stores on the north side.

At the end of the discussion I surrendered that they could be right, but here I read there is going to be a tunnel. Anyone who can confirm how it's going to be?

that depends entirely on who is president. you can rest assured that Hippo will have no part of it. maybe when Leonel returns in 2016

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Even though I thought a few months ago, after I heard Danilo speeching that Hipolito would become the next president in 2012, lately I'm giving Danilo a bigger chance, especially after the bright comment of Hipolito to the debtors of banco Agricola, that auto disqualified him as a president, one would almost say, who needs allies which such opponents. Anyway, I would expect such pedestrian tunnel to be (partly) privately funded, but my wonders are more about the Metro station design, if it would facilitate such tunnel.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Even though I thought a few months ago, after I heard Danilo speeching that Hipolito would become the next president in 2012, lately I'm giving Danilo a bigger chance, especially after the bright comment of Hipolito to the debtors of banco Agricola, that auto disqualified him as a president, one would almost say, who needs allies which such opponents. Anyway, I would expect such pedestrian tunnel to be (partly) privately funded, but my wonders are more about the Metro station design, if it would facilitate such tunnel.

why would a private investor fund a pedestrian tunnel? how do they make a profit on the investment?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It would be in the interest of Galeria 360 and Ikea to have easy access to the metro. All three (ikea, agora and galeria360) would benefit to be interconnected as well. If I'm shopping @ ikea and can quickly walk to agora to check something at Best Buy I'd do it, if I have to fetch the car drive to the other place and find a new parking, I'd just go home.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I've heard the same thing before, mentioned by persons of authority in Americana (Galeria 360). It would certainly make sense to me if I were owner of IKEA or Galeria 360, if it would greatly enhance the traffic to my store from the other side of the highway.

Does anybody think that once Sambil (sp) is completed, there won't be a pedestrian tunnel to their store from the metro as well?

I think the metro crossed Kennedy there already and the closest station would be on the north side? But not sure about that, however they are heavily working on the metro in San Martin just behind Sambil