Advice on starting a business in San Fransisco de Macoris HELP PLEASE!

sramos

Sep 4, 2011
I am a young american young lady with lots family in San Francisco de Macoris. I want to start a new nightclub business in San Francisco de Macoris and want to start off doing research and network with business people and high end people there any ideas .. ?!?! I want this to be a high end strip/nightclub since there are not many in this city. I want to find out anything I need to know about opening a new business in the Dominican Republic also anyone that I might need to speak to find out more information. :classic:

Where should I start!?!?!?!?!??! HELP PLEASEEE

ANY information or opinions will be highly appreciated.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Just blow all your money on drugs, booze and sankysex for a couple months.

You'll end up with much more pleasure and money and still get screwed.

If you've never been in business before in the states, the DR is the last place where you'd want to learn.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
WOW such negative advise!
Darlin' you should send me roses.

Seriously.

I just saved you many thousands of $$$ and a chunk of your life energy.

The DR is no place for amateurs.

If you have to ask how to start a business in the DR on an anonymous forum, you are waaaaaaaay out of your league.

And that family in gubmint? Pffffft. If the PRD wins in '12...and that has a real shot at happening...then they will be a serious liability, not asset...

sramos

Sep 4, 2011
I will just laugh at your comments!

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action."

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Start with your family.

I am a young american young lady with lots family in San Francisco de Macoris. I want to start a new nightclub business in San Francisco de Macoris and (...) I want to find out anything I need to know about opening a new business in the Dominican Republic also anyone that I might need to speak to find out more information. :classic:
Where should I start!?!?!?!?!??! HELP PLEASEEE
ANY information or opinions will be highly appreciated.

I don't get it.
You have lots of family in SFdM... also family members who work in government....
And then you ask us??? :rolleyes:
Sorry, I can't take you serious.

donP

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I will just laugh at your comments!

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action."
You got it.

That's me.

Am I THAT transparent?

Really, I think you should borrow a bunch of money from family and friends, marry your BF and start an upscale night club in SFO. No one has ever thought about that before. You'll be rolling in millions by this time next year.

It's a brilliant plan. I wish I'd have thought of it.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
COBRA, where is anything about "family in "gubmint"????

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
In another thread the OP started.

Hey, she has a college degree from the states. Sounds like a slam dunk success in this 3rd world backwater to me. I mean, nobody here has business degrees from the US. That's all you need.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Pretty typical. sramos, or whoever he/she is, if legitimate, says he/she/it is looking for "advice." But he/she/it isn't looking for advice.He/she/it is looking for affirmation and attaboys, because when he/she/it gets advice from real people he/she/it doesn't like, he/she/it acts like a jilted lover and the "dislike" stroke comes out.

If he/she/it can't deal with the reality on a anonymous forum, I can just imagine how he/she/it'll react when NP, military or gubmint Big Cheese pay a visit to negotiate "protection..." Or when all her $$$ goes missing from the cash register...

(FTR, as many here know, among other business, I owned a bar in FL for several years...)

May 29, 2006
If there is a demand for a laundromat that is more likely a better investment. Bars come and go, but when was the last time you saw any boring but needed business go under? If you can get a Car Wash going, you can always turn that into the disco you want.

sramos

Sep 4, 2011
In this city there is a demand for a high end nightclub/stripclub there is only one in the city and it sucks! Which is why I was thinking about this I have been observing it for about 2 years and I believe this is the right choice! SEX SELLS especially in a city like SFM where crime rates are not that low. There are also many tourist but a car wash also sounds ok but I am more into my idea. Thank you for you ideas will look into them! :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
sramos the posters that might sound mean and negative do live in the DR and do have experience in what they are saying. They have seen this and some have been through it themselves so take no offence because they mean well and are trying to save you.

sramos

Sep 4, 2011
Yes I completely understand and I am very open to all type of criticism and ideas once again thank you all

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
sramos the posters that might sound mean and negative do live in the DR and do have experience in what they are saying. They have seen this and some have been through it themselves so take no offence because they mean well and are trying to save you.

Same ole same ole blah blah..Only the experts of DR1 meet and marry the DDD;s and are the only ones smart enough to start a business or survive in the DR..Everyone else is a dreamer,being used and all the other stuff etc...

But for the record, I think the idea sucks for the fact that any first timer opening a bar anywhere is very high risk..And even higher in the Dominican Republic..