Shipping a car to USA from Dominican Republic

dlmac58

Sep 4, 2011
My wife and I are moving from DR to FT. Lauderdale, wondering if anybody has best way to ship my car..I know people are going to say sell in DR but don't want to, and want US dollars..Anybody know what companies to use..Thanks.in advance..DAVID!!

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
That's a man bites dog question! Most posters ask the reverse. Good luck.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Emissions and safety standards

Please take this in consideration, if the car was not manufactured to US emission and safety standards it will not clear US Customs until it is retrofitted with the proper devices to make it US roadworthy. This is the reason why most people are advised to sell their cars in the DR, to avoid the rebuilding cost, paperwork, and headaches to conform to US standards.

Regards,

PJT

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
And even if it was manufactured to US standards. After being down here will it pass an emissions test? Gasoline here is hard on catalytic converters

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
And Dominicans sometimes remove the "converters".
Take pesos,convert to USdollars!
You will pay a LOT more for shipping than to convert the pesos to dollars!
cccccccccccc

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
You have received very good advice here. Remember also, that the cost of used vehicles in USA is much lower than here. Add the cost of shipping and the paperwork you will have to go through and it really is not worth it. Unless you own a Rolls.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
And Dominicans sometimes remove the "converters".
Take pesos,convert to USdollars!
You will pay a LOT more for shipping than to convert the pesos to dollars!
cccccccccccc

Removing the convertor will stop the 'Check Engine' light from coming on the time..

That warning will not happen w/ 'Export ' vehicles... ie non No American cars

WWWWWWWW