Caribetours or Metrobus From SDQ to Nagua?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2011
Is there a Caribetours or Metrobus that goes from Santo Domingo to Nagua? I'll be arriving in SDQ at 03:50pm and a wondering if I can get a bus to Nagua that afternoon or if it'd be better to wait until morning.

Jun 29, 2011
I want to go to Nagua for a few days and then from Nagua go on to Puerto Plata. To get to POP from Nagua I'm hoping that the bus goes straight there on Hwy 5 and that I don't have to go all the way back to SDQ to catch a bus to POP.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not sure about Metro or Caribe but there are definitely guaguas serving that route.

Tony-O

Jun 11, 2005
I've taken both Caribe and Metro from SD to the north. Metro is cleaner, nicer. I usually took caribe only b/c I lived just a short walk from their SD terminal. I strongly recommend you sit on the right side, near the front, and step off the bus at every stop to ensure your stowed luggage doesn't get "mistakenly" carted off. The smaller buses can take you from Nagua to PP. They're usually nice....just ask a trusty local where the parada is located. TO

I've taken both Caribe and Metro from SD to the north. Metro is cleaner, nicer. I usually took caribe only b/c I lived just a short walk from their SD terminal. I strongly recommend you sit on the right side, near the front, and step off the bus at every stop to ensure your stowed luggage doesn't get "mistakenly" carted off. The smaller buses can take you from Nagua to PP. They're usually nice....just ask a trusty local where the parada is located. TO

I do the very same thing when it comes to the luggage. Never had any incidents yet, but you never know.

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
taxi from sdq to entrance of new hway. 500 pesos, bus to nagua 280 pesos. cheap and easy,never long wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.