Quick and Easy Guacamole

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
All the avocado and guacamole talk got me thinking about an easy guacamole recipe. I like easy and good. You can try this at home, kids. :)

I made some last avocado harvest and took pics. I'll be making a TON more this season.

1) Go pick two good avocados and a couple of lemons/limes (here they are a cross breed about the same).
GuacamoleVI.jpg

GuacamoleVII.jpg

2) Cut them, scoop the flesh and smash it.
Guacamole.jpg

GuacamoleI.jpg

3) Add 2+/- tbs. fresh lime juice.
GiacamoleII.jpg

4) Add some chopped jalepenos to taste. Alida (like most Dominicans) doesn't like spicy so I used just 2 big slices.
GuacamoleIII.jpg

5) Add 1/2 cup chunky salsa (I used Tostinos, readily available, medium), 1 tsp. ea. of salt and prepared cilantro. I forgot to take a pic (sorry...)

6) Add 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion.
GuacamoleIV.jpg

7) Stir well.

And, voila:
GuacamoleV.jpg

EXCELLENT, easy guacamole!

Enjoy!

May 29, 2006
Guac freezes very well as long as there is not too much tomato in it. I press it out in a ziplock and freeze it about a 1/4" thick. Then it only takes a few minutes to thaw when you pull it. You can also prevent browning by putting it into a narrow jar and squeezing some lime juice on top. You still have to refrigerate it though.

Up here in NY, avacados are going for as high as $1.50 for a single Haas and it's a crap shoot on what's inside.

siegs

May 9, 2006
Up here in NY, avacados are going for as high as $1.50 for a single Haas and it's a crap shoot on what's inside.

Same here in the Chicago area. Couple a bux for one avocado at the Mexi-mart down the street.
Pretty on the outside.
Tasted like play-doh.
Lawd that guac looks good!

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
If you leave the pit in an used half of an avacado it keeps it from browning. I wonder if that would work if you put it in the bag before freezing?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
ok,, I make one that is just lime and salt and garlic and avocado..

This was my first experience with the pilon as a friend taught me that you can just mash the garlic with the skins on and keep adding salt as the skins peel off
then I add that to the avocados, with lime juice

and if I am REALLY industrious I will cut up ciltanro
but I never put in salsa

salsa to me is another course entirely!

but yours LOOKS more festive,,