Laws I should know when opening a nightclub/bar

sramos

Sep 4, 2011
Hello All I will like to know as much legal information and laws I will have to know when opening a nightclub/stripclub in Dominican Republic.

Any information is highly appreciated!

May 29, 2006
Here's what you do. Raise $500,000- $1,000,000 in cash. Now take half of that and throw it in the ocean. Congratulations! You've done better than about half the other night club owners in the DR and it will save you a ton of headaches.

Better to own a site and charge rent to the "entrepenuers" than run a place yourself.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's not the written laws she should be concerned with. It's the unwritten ones that will bleed her borrowed capital dry.

Darlin', I know this is your first potential adventure into business ownership. Yes, it shows. So instead of looking for affirmation on a forum you just found about how special you are, how about dropping a few hundred $$$ on an afternoon with an actual Dominican lawyer who can give actual, real life professional advice?

One piece of advice: when you borrow the $$$ to start your fantasy, don't borrow a peso from a Dominican in the DR, and don't give a personal guarantee to a lendor in the states.

Thank me later.

sramos

Sep 4, 2011
That is all in the making I am sure to do all that this is just the begging thank you all for your opinions and information!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
make sure the go go dancer cages are spread 6 feet apart, its a bylaw...
oh and make sure you have your 3k weekly available to pay "Bed Bug Eddy" your local DR protection.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
People make is sound much worse than it is. Not much different than being taxed to death in North America.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The most important law is the "Law of a Fool and His (and/or her) Money..."

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
They are having fun, if you really are serious please consider that there are already hundreds of bars too many. You will join a long list of people throwing away your life's savings.
Isn't there an HB rule for this???????

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I never owned a Stripperbar but many years back in the day as a sidebiz I opened together with a Friend a nice Bar, right on the Mainstreet, full from 11PM till the Wee hours.
we did not depend on the incomeof the bar for a living as we both already had our steady good income, it was a Fun Idea to have a Bar as We like to see a Bar to be.
been Fun to learn about all the lil sidekicks and to know within a few weeks all the uniformed and not uniformed Buggers existing in such lil Area.
check out the Area where You wanna open such Nightclub firstly, get to know some "People" in that Area firstly BEFORE You even talk about to open such Biz, be for yourself clear what You 'think' about Drugs in Your Biz, 'cause they will come in anyways and it is YOU who has to handle them.
register only 1 Firearm in Your Name to have a "Card" to show, put it at home in the Safedeposit box and get a collection of the not registered Handy ones, the "Disposible" ones, sooner or later they are needed.

Your OP sounds like You are new to that Kind of Biz,
don't start such unless You are since many long Years very familiar with the specific Area where you wanna start such Biz.

good luck

Mike

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Guaranteed to make a small fortune

I have a SURE thing method of guaranteeing you make a small fortune with a strip club in the DR. I am so sure you will wind up with a small fortune, I am willing to bet 10 grand that you will wind up with a small fortune if you follow my method.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I have a SURE thing method of guaranteeing you make a small fortune with a strip club in the DR. I am so sure you will wind up with a small fortune, I am willing to bet 10 grand that you will wind up with a small fortune if you follow my method.

BTW. . . .the method is very simple. . .. .only ONE step. . . . ..