Is Happy Bar still for Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
I have been to Happy Bar many times. This past May, I noticed the owner had it for sale at $45K. I wonder if is still for sale.

Happy Bar is a cool little bar where you can dance and relax, without tricks been all over you...Now the owner is boorish but the female barthenders are cool.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I have been to Happy Bar many times. This past May, I noticed the owner had it for sale at $45K. I wonder if is still for sale.

Happy Bar is a cool little bar where you can dance and relax, without tricks been all over you...Now the owner is boorish but the female barthenders are cool.

EVERYTHING is for sale in DR!
If I recall, the monthly rent for that corner is RD$45,000, so you are going to have to sell more than a few Cuba Libres to cover that nut.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
Wow...I see...I guess he was just trying to get his money back...I would not mind buying that place.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
EVERYTHING is for sale in DR!
If I recall, the monthly rent for that corner is RD$45,000, so you are going to have to sell more than a few Cuba Libres to cover that nut.

That place was usually pretty dead when I would walk by in March/April.......usually never more than maybe 10 people.........

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Wow...I see...I guess he was just trying to get his money back...I would not mind buying that place.

This place has the potential to be a goldmine. The location is great, the thousands of tourists who stay at Casa Marina have to walk past the place when they go to and from the main beach. If I had the money to lose I would consider buying it.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
This place has the potential to be a goldmine. The location is great, the thousands of tourists who stay at Casa Marina have to walk past the place when they go to and from the main beach. If I had the money to lose I would consider buying it.

I've always liked this location, going back to Plutu Bar. If you did everything right you wouldn't get rich but might make a living.

How about adding a small grill for cheeseburgers, sandwiches, and fries. And put in a staircase to a 2nd floor with a thatched roof, tables and COMFORTABLE chairs. Get the blue-haired cruise shippers up there and they won't want to leave. Just sit there and watch the street scene and suck back fruity Caribbean drinks.

I can see it working.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
tourists tend to speed up on that corner to avoid being asked if they want change, hence very few tourists go in- they are more likely to cross the road

Status
Not open for further replies.