Pizza where? NE coast

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Ok AJL6767 i'm counting on the Coney Island man to tell me where the best pizza on the NE coast is of course anyone can share their pizza joints yes i'm a spolied ex New Yorker who likes his pizza.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
Sorry DMD53, cannot help you. I'm not familiar with pizza joints on NE coast. I have been going to Papa Johns in Santo Domingo and last week showed the manager how to make me a NYC style pie. It came out OK.not Great. Also I go once in a whlle to Pizza Hut on Tiradentes. They make a fair pie. If you really need a good pie, go to the L & B Spumoni Gardens on Ave X in Bklyn. right by the subway yards. The other day I had my wife buy a baguette at carrefour, added some imported churrasco, some sauteed onions, green peppers, mozzarella cheese, and some marinara sauce from Rao's NYC and had a great hero. Sorry if your mouth is watering, couldn,t help it.

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Yeah you did a good doing that and that ain't no lie Spumoni Gardens made a great square. Last month on Man Vs Food they did a show on the gardens. I don't know about you but you can't rule out White Castle on 86st. enjoy!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I think the best, most consistent, pizza in Sosua is at Bailey's.

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
If you came from that area, I am 70.. Lincoln HS class of 1959. Best burgers then were Joe's across from Coney Island Hospital. I worked there for about 3 hours. I was fired. A couple came in and ordered 2 burgers. fries and large cherry cokes. I called the cook and ordered burgers and frenck a pair, stretch 2 virgins. Then they changed their sodas to large regular cokes, so I called in Hey Joe, f**k those virgins. Then he fired me.

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
Sure would be nice if things stayed the same as back then things are so screwed up these days. New Utrecth was my high u got me by 16 yrs.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I have yet to find a very good pizza in Sosua. There are 9 pizza joints within a 3 minute walk around Pedro Clisante and all are thin crust and very cheap with their toppings. I've never tried the pizza at Baileys yet. I usually drive out to Pricemart in Santiago or Pizza Hut Puerto Plata.

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
Pizza Azul across from the LT police has a new chef. The crust is not quite as thin as before. It was great before but most awesome now and worth a visit.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
Try La Yuca Caliente'. The owner is from Italy and his pizza is the best in LT. It is a little more expensive than some places but his ingredients are the best. He also has a carbonara on the menu that is as good as anywhere. They are located on the ocean side just before you come to the small park w/gazebo across from the plaza El Paseo. Bon appetite.

S