Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo's

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tattoo's

I have seen it covered on this forum before but I cannot seem to find such a thing. My brother who is heavily tattooed is considering joing me down in the DR, but he has a ton of tattoo's. I mean neck, hands, legs etc. IS he going to have any issues if he were to move down there? He would move to the Sosua PP area

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If he is worried, he can wear long pants, a shirt with the collar up, and long sleeves. If he is not worried, he can wear what he wants

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Please, if you were in SD or Santiago maybe. Anywhere else hell no. Especially Sosua/Cabarette area. If he has $$$ to pay for his food and drink business owners will love him. The locals, especially the whores and motos will be drawn to the quality of his ink. I have seen some half decent barrio ink done with a kit made out of an old Sony walkman.

And before i get the " what is barrio art " i will answer now. a large Virgin Mary on ones back, tramp stamps with the names of the chicas 8 kids, guns, lotsa $$ symbols, yankees logos, or mostly all black jailhouse style tats.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Among Friends

Quote Originally Posted by jayandmel View Post
    ... who is heavily tattooed (...) He would move to the Sosua PP area
    That's good.
    It's the place where he would not stick out so much...

donP

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My friends are the heavily tattoo'd type but they go to DR as tourists. So every the girls and locals are drawn to it for the 'WAO' factor. If they are expats they might be looked at as 'gangsta' or rich. This is sterotyping but lots of dominicans tell me only drug dealers and rich people get lots of 'good' tattoos. They are the only ones who can afford quality tattoos and lots of them.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tattoos are good...

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    This is sterotyping but lots of dominicans tell me only drug dealers and rich people get lots of 'good' tattoos.
    Well, Figueroa has one and it led to his arrest...

donP

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone know a good tattoo artist/place in s d

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I will let him know. He is looking at Cabarete like I am. He has spent a good amount on the tattoo's and would look nothing like a gangster or criminal in regards to the quality of the ink

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

it is my opinion that your brother would be like wearing a big "kick me" sign to every law enforcement type and thug that exists. At best he had better have squeaky clean behavior.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

SantiagueroRD in our travels the only place we really had trouble with tattoo's was in Japan (a whole different ordeal there) but in the DR he seemed to get along well, but as a tourist vs living there I can see how it could cause some problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast