Tricom - Local number? Office location?

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Anyone know where the Tricom office is in Bavaro? Do you have a local phone number?

I just moved from Pueblo Bavaro to El Corticeto and my internet is not working. My TriCom modem is connecting and getting a great signal but I'm not getting an IP address. I just assumed it didn't matter where I was located.... as long as I was in range of the Tricom antenna(s).

Insight anyone?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
According to their site there is no Oficina Comercial in the area, but there are authorised dealers in Plaza Mayoral on Ave. Espa?a and in Ver?n.

Creditos e Inversiones Flexicash
Carr.Veron Punta Cana Plaza La Camiseta 1er local Veron, Bavaro
Tel?fonos: 809-476-5277

Creditos e Inversiones Flexicash
Av. Espa?a Plaza Mayoral local 102 Bavaro, Bavaro
Tel?fonos: 809-552-0377

Otherwise the national customer service helpline is 809-476-6000. Toll free from a landline 1-809-200-9699

Hope it gets resolved soon - I know how frustrating this can be. :)

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
It is the second number 809-552-0377. Ask for Wilson, he is the Manager. It seems El Cortecito is on another "circuito" ;) I had the same when I moved from Veron to Pueblo Bavaro. They had to switch me. Took me one call to Wilson, 10 minutes later I was connected....

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I went into the office in Plaza Mayoral and ended up talking to some guy on the phone. (My Spanish is crap and the girl at the desk didn't speak any English). He took my name and number and said he'd get it fixed either today or tomorrow. Seeing that this is the DR, I'll give them till the end of the week to get it sorted out. I've lived here long enough to know I'd be a fool to expect it to be fixed today.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Ususally it is really only switching you. Since Tricom had a "havaria" at the weekend in all Bavaro (Sat until Mon afternoon) there might be some delay though...

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah... he implied that's all it would take. For all I know it was this Wilson guy you spoke of. I just know that nothing goes quickly in the Caribbean so I just need to be patient.

sharkstooth777

Jan 22, 2011
dude temp fix and if u do not already know. u can walk to the bakery and hit their wireless in el dorado plaza if you have a notebook. it's not secure, so i would not access any accounts, but it will provide an access option until you get the tricom issue sorted

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
dude temp fix and if u do not already know. u can walk to the bakery and hit their wireless in el dorado plaza if you have a notebook. it's not secure, so i would not access any accounts, but it will provide an access option until you get the tricom issue sorted

Their WiFi was down yesterday. It's been my experience that it's not reliable.