Falling Witches

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Moca, Espaillat Province
The people of San Antonio Bajo are reporting that two (or three) witches on their brooms collided near the local church in the early hours of Monday morning. :cheeky:

It was not immediately known whether the craft were equipped with night vision or IFR instruments or a pilot's error has to be assumed. :disappoin

Indeed, two women in the village have got a broken arm and broken ribs respectively.... :squareeye

[video=youtube;3SumheI62U0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SumheI62U0[/video]

donP

Jul 4, 2010
I hear such reports all the time, even from close relatives, here in the DR Southwest. Invariably, the purpose of flying witches is 'chupar' infant children, which means to suck the living energy from babies, for power and longevity. Older women have been pointed out to me, as being 'brujas chapadoras', because there are other kinds. There is also a male counterpart, called 'galipote' or 'z?ngano', who can travel through the air, even long distances. Witnesses abound. One day my curiousity got the better of me, and I proposed a locally renown 'galipote' to teach me his arts. He was very deft at taking my money, however I never learned the craft. : )

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
This is no joking matter.....

I've had exactly 3 witches fall on me and let me tell you guys it was Hell getting them off....

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
I can't believe this...it is so funny...Brujas can't fly...lol...what is becoming of this world.

Biggus Dickus

Banned
Sep 6, 2011
TonyDman: what is interesting to note here is that you believe they .."can't fly"

The question now is, what do you believe brujas can do? can they cast a spell?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I hear such reports all the time, even from close relatives, here in the DR Southwest. Invariably, the purpose of flying witches is 'chupar' infant children, which means to suck the living energy from babies, for power and longevity. Older women have been pointed out to me, as being 'brujas chapadoras', because there are other kinds. There is also a male counterpart, called 'galipote' or 'z?ngano', who can travel through the air, even long distances. Witnesses abound. One day my curiousity got the better of me, and I proposed a locally renown 'galipote' to teach me his arts. He was very deft at taking my money, however I never learned the craft. : )

I understand the only babies they suck the energy from are un-baptized.....???

I'd need to see one of these witches flying before I believed it.

On second thought... I really don't want to see that, I hope they don't fly over my house......

:rolleyes:
AE

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I'd need to see one of these witches flying before I believed it.

AE

They leave a string trail. A very long time ago, the local villagers were concerned that a witch had left her "string" (hilo). As they wanted my opinion, I went way out in the middle of some field and confirmed that yes, there was a rather long string of mysterious origins. (Couldn't find the beginning or the end.) Just follow the string . . . .

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Deicing Rum Used

Are the witches always women?

Not necessarily.
In this case and according to witnesses (!) flight experienced witches were instructing a novice when in a steep (?) banked curve desaster struck...

Maybe iced bristles...?

[video=youtube;ndX43GHZn_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndX43GHZn_c[/video]

donP

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I heard this nonsense growing up all the time! Makes for some funny reading.

Jul 4, 2010
A few years ago, while attending a folk religious celebration in the town of Maguana Arriba, San Juan de La Maguana, I was told that a particular old woman present was a baby sucking witch. Later that evening, on my way out, I stopped T the old woman's house, and told her the gossip. She was taken aback, She said she was a god fearing person, that she would never hurt anyone, much less babies. Actually, my surprise was that many there held the belief that she was such, and yet tolerated her as a member of the community.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A few years ago, while attending a folk religious celebration in the town of Maguana Arriba, San Juan de La Maguana, I was told that a particular old woman present was a baby sucking witch. Later that evening, on my way out, I stopped T the old woman's house, and told her the gossip. She was taken aback, She said she was a god fearing person, that she would never hurt anyone, much less babies. Actually, my surprise was that many there held the belief that she was such, and yet tolerated her as a member of the community.
B

You're a brave man - did you really think she would say she WAS a baby sucker????

AE

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I have heard the Witch!!!!!!!!

Well when i had just the one unbaptized baby i of course heard the story of these witches from my husband and family and i tried not to laugh too much so as not to offend them as they really believe in this hokey pokey nonsense, However one night when my daughter was about 5 months old i had put her to bed and my husband was sleeping, I was checking all the windows and doors were locked and just as i turned the last light out a loud evil laugh sounded about three times right next to me!! I was alone and it can tell you it frightened me so much i froze, then i heard it again and it was sooo dark whatever it was, was right next to me. I ran into the bedroom and nervously woke my husband saying "oh my god, I heard her...the witch". He jumped up and bravely left the room and came back with a broom and propped it up against the bedroom door which he said would stop her coming in. I didnt sleep a wink that night and in the morning i went into the kitchen where a friend of my husbands was who lived with us at the time. I told him my story and couldnt believe i was admitting this had happened and i felt a fool for doubting them! He laughed and picked up his cell phone and after pressing a few buttons the evil laugh sounded from it!!! Yes he had a stupid ring tone for his text messages and he had left it on the coffee table the night before!! I didnt know whether to laugh or cry...or throttle him!!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Five Possible Causes

While the mid air collision is still being investigated several causes are discussed... :classic:

[video=youtube;oczi1GACqOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczi1GACqOU[/video]

donP