Dinner Cruise in Santiago

Fran509

Sep 6, 2011
I am planning to come see a girl that I am talking to for the first time in November but I am trying to find out if there is a Dinner cruise boat service around or near by. I feel the best place to see the sun sets and the moon rises is over dinner on the water. Any help would greatly appreciated. Also, if you can tell me the best restaurant in Santiago as well with contacts so I can order flowers on my table for her. How much is limousine service for about 4 hours? How does dinner cost in one of the best restaurant? Anything romantic, drop me a line por favor. Mucho gracias...

Sincerely,

Fran509

May 12, 2005
No dinner cruise in Santiago. The restaurant at Camp David Ranch would have the best views and ambiance in the city but the food is mediocre. Pez Dorado has the reputation as being the best and priciest. Don't go overboard in trying to impress your lady friend on the first trip. Take things slow less she thinks the Brinks truck backed up to her house and she has the key.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
McDonalds will be good enough for her. She has never been there. Forget that romantic stuff. Take her to any pica pollo and then hire a taxi to the nearest motel to get things going....

Do not be duped...I agree with Frank...

HB

Fran509

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks Frank for the valuable information. I will look up those places online and when I get there. @Hillbilly, may be I will take her to McDonald's someday but not now. I always value my woman and like to make them feel special like every man should. Does it mean that there is no Dinner cruise at all in DR? Even if I have to go in S.D. Ok, do they have an orchestra or a Orchestral symphony center around where we can go see a nice classical piece(show)? I know I might be asking for too much but she is a very classy young woman and I like those kind of events as well. Please reply with some idea that is similar and all replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Thanks Frank for the valuable information. I will look up those places online and when I get there. @Hillbilly, may be I will take her to McDonald's someday but not now. I always value my woman and like to make them feel special like every man should. Does it mean that there is no Dinner cruise at all in DR? Even if I have to go in S.D. Ok, do they have an orchestra or a Orchestral symphony center around where we can go see a nice classical piece(show)? I know I might be asking for too much but she is a very classy young woman and I like those kind of events as well. Please reply with some idea that is similar and all replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bro:
1. Santiago is in the MIDDLE of the country, about 40 miles from the coast.
2. Listen to Hillbilly, you will set yourself up with this woman thinking you are Daddy Warbucks. She may not have even eaten red meat more than 4 times a year.
3. Take a chill pill, when you get to town, if McDonalds isnt your speed, then do like every one else take her to Kukara Macara or Chilis or Pizza Hut and get an overcooked steak slathered in cream sauce or some chewy pizza. She will love it. Buy her a couple of flowers if you want to.
4. Forget limousine, say what now? Bro you made a good impression just by SHOWING UP IN THE COUNTRY TO SEE HER. If you want I know a couple of reliable cab drivers that will shuttle you around town in the finest comfort you can get in a 1998 Toyota Camry. Price? I dont know but I can find out.
5. Orchestra? Are you for real man? Come on now, man. A boom box with Frank Reyes or my favorite, Zacarias Ferreira will do all you need to do...Orchestra he said! Ha! Listen they will probably be showing some Christmas play or something in the National Theatre when you come. Easier and closer.

and finally 6. Since you wont be coming until November WE cannot verify if she is truly a "classy" girl. But I will just tell you this, if you are on a date and you are seeing waaaaay too much titty, she aint classy.

Bro, I think you are trying to hard. Any 1 thing you do from the list will be more than she would be hoping for. You are setting her up to get a big head and then she will become very difficult for you to deal with.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bro, I think you are trying to hard. Any 1 thing you do from the list will be more than she would be hoping for. You are setting her up to get a big head and then she will become very difficult for you to deal with.

You said a mouthful. Stop trying too hard!!!

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Dude, you got it bad, step back......First thing you need to do when you get here, is go pick her up at her home to take her out, if you can not pick her up at home, because of unfamiliarity with the city, I assume she lives in Santiago because you are looking for a dinner cruise there, jeezzzzz, you know nothing, absolutely nothing, but thats OK, you must see where and how she lives, that is #1 on the list if you think maybe you are in LOVE, ahhhhh, take a BIG step back bubba!!!! Anyway, at leat you can take here home after the date, by the way make sure it is over before dark, you have no idea what you are getting into.

If she lives in a decent place, especially with her parents, then you are probably better off than with a girl from a poor barrio, at all costs proceed with caution

Now that being said, a girl from the barrio is not ALWAYS bad, usually but not always, but is wrought with scenarios and it will take years to get to know if she can be trusted, even then you probably are not safe from being raked over the coals and being used, not to say that a middle class or upper well to do class will not or can not ruin you financially and emotionally, they can, but they usually do not have the motivation of a better life so that they have to LOVE you, pretending.

Heed advice given here, read old posts remember hindsight is 20 / 20 and a wise man learns from his, as well as others mistake and errors.

History does repeat itself, it does unroll the same scenarios day after day, so if you think that she is different, amybe she is, but probably NOT.

and lastly he who thinks with his middle head tends to have an empty wallet.

Be careful out there

oh...and by golly je whiper snappers there is a Dinner Cruise out of Santo Domingo, Departures Sun. at 7:00 pm, Tue., & Thur. at 8:00 p.m.

g'luck

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Hey Bx? Anyone know where I can hijack a Space Shuttle? I wanna show my everlasting darling I am man of my word. When I say I will give her the moon and the stars I mean it.

I dont have a problem with dudes being romantic but seriously man, arriving is the most romantic you can do. Bring your internet love into the real world. This guy is trying to do the whole Don Quixote thing all in one visit. It doesnt matter Fran. She is going to be in love with you when you leave anyway. Just the fact that you have shown her this much attention means you are in.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Speaking of which, the food court at Las Colinas Mall has some awful places in there. Tell the dude to take her to Pizzarellis and call it a day. Back to his hotel for a little squeaky squeaky and there Fran you got a girlfriend.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
I will look up and post the link for the reservations for the dinner cruise just now...........

Fran509

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks RacerX, you got me rolling on the floor. Ok I guess may be in the state that is what I am looking into a date but I guess I need to go with the flow. I hear ya. Mucho gracias.

Bro:
1. Santiago is in the MIDDLE of the country, about 40 miles from the coast.
2. Listen to Hillbilly, you will set yourself up with this woman thinking you are Daddy Warbucks. She may not have even eaten red meat more than 4 times a year.
3. Take a chill pill, when you get to town, if McDonalds isnt your speed, then do like every one else take her to Kukara Macara or Chilis or Pizza Hut and get an overcooked steak slathered in cream sauce or some chewy pizza. She will love it. Buy her a couple of flowers if you want to.
4. Forget limousine, say what now? Bro you made a good impression just by SHOWING UP IN THE COUNTRY TO SEE HER. If you want I know a couple of reliable cab drivers that will shuttle you around town in the finest comfort you can get in a 1998 Toyota Camry. Price? I dont know but I can find out.
5. Orchestra? Are you for real man? Come on now, man. A boom box with Frank Reyes or my favorite, Zacarias Ferreira will do all you need to do...Orchestra he said! Ha! Listen they will probably be showing some Christmas play or something in the National Theatre when you come. Easier and closer.

and finally 6. Since you wont be coming until November WE cannot verify if she is truly a "classy" girl. But I will just tell you this, if you are on a date and you are seeing waaaaay too much titty, she aint classy.

Fran509

Sep 6, 2011
Thanks Don, she is a medical student and living in a decent area I believed. But I hear you man may be I am trying to hard. Thanks for the cruise info. I do not know Santiago and this is the first time I am coming down there. I visited P-Plata back in 1998 but I know things changed. Thanks again for the advices. Well taken.

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Hmmmm....

I have a feeling we will be following this (situation) in the men are from mars and women from venus forum very soon and maybe in the sub forum "sankie 101".

Just curious why are you trying so hard to impress this woman in a 3rd world country.. I'm sure you don't pull out all these tricks when going on a first date in the states, do you?

No offense but I noticed in your post you said "I always value my woman and like to make them feel special like every man should." then why are you flying all the way to another country to find one?

Just pick her up in a KIA rental (not limo) head to TGIF and she will feel like Cinderella.

Fran509

Sep 6, 2011
First of all, there is no such thing as a third world country. A country is a country and no I might not provide the same treatments but I like to treat woman I am dating with respect and treat her like she is the last woman on earth. I am not trying hard but that is what I feel like to do. If it is impossible like it seems it will be then I will do with there is there. Flying to see or meet her is because she is special to me. There might be plenty fishes in the sea but the heart chose to care for only one and she happens to be in the DR. I do not think she really cares where we go but at the same time I would rather do something that the last man has not done. That is all, I am not trying hard, been in the game for too long to be trying hard. Thanks for the feedback.

I am planning to come see a girl that I am talking to for the first time in November but I am trying to find out if there is a Dinner cruise boat service around or near by. I feel the best place to see the sun sets and the moon rises is over dinner on the water. Any help would greatly appreciated. Also, if you can tell me the best restaurant in Santiago as well with contacts so I can order flowers on my table for her. How much is limousine service for about 4 hours? How does dinner cost in one of the best restaurant? Anything romantic, drop me a line por favor. Mucho gracias...

Sincerely,

Fran509

Camp David restaurant and then right back to one of the rooms there and enjoy your night and have a romantic breakfast on your balcony in the morning. Mind if I inquire how did you meet this great woman? You havent met in person I believe. Just curious.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning and I congratulate you on your sincerity. FYI there are tons of "medical students" in the DR it has no special cachet. I am sure that if you tell the veterans here what neighborhood she lives in they can give you a good idea of its socioeconomic level. I want to assure you that the comments here that you perceive as negative are sincere people trying to help you. They might got some "bark" on but well worth considering. Classy girls (age?) do not meet men on the internet. Living with your "parents" usually is a purely economic decision and parents means mother alone. Best of luck but be very careful. remeber if you start out with the best you have no way to go up!!!