Advice Needed For Best Deal on Portable Generator

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
Hola -
We are looking for your advice here on DR1 for the location and best brand for a portable 5000-5500 watt gasoline generator. Price if you know it - POP/Santiago/Cabarete/Sosua areas.

Thanks !

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Honda Cibae?a
Ochoa
Lama
PriceSmart

These would be my guesses.

However, if I knew about engines and stuff, I would look in the papers for a used Kubota diesel with 6 KVA. Or a small Wilson...

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you stated how,and what,and how often you were going to use the generator,it would help.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC makes a good point.

Gas is for emergency, temporary use. Diesel and propane are for hardcore, longer use.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
ok, let me add my question. Same question as OP, same location, but I would already be happy with a 3.5kw generator. Very infrequent use, only during storms, and the occasional day of black-out. Will be used for some lights only, and some comps.

For the OP.... there is an add hanging out at Playero for a used 5kw generator, which belonged to a closed restaurant or bar

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
might want to shoot a PM to Bienamor here on the Board. He had a few small generators for sale.. do not remember the size .. and he does not come on the Board that frequently and might miss this thread.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
might want to shoot a PM to Bienamor here on the Board. He had a few small generators for sale.. do not remember the size .. and he does not come on the Board that frequently and might miss this thread.

pm ME WE have some 4.5 gas/gasoline, by the way am in santo domingo but will ship north via bus.

Thanks for the plug Annie