cant seem to find my missing cows thread but .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
..........in case anyone was out looking they have turned up after a few days holiday at a neighbouring farm and are now tethered to a tree dont know how that will work out after they walk around the tree a few times

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
..........in case anyone was out looking they have turned up after a few days holiday at a neighbouring farm and are now tethered to a tree dont know how that will work out after they walk around the tree a few times

That's a mooooooooot point!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003

Nice that he got his cows back and right where a couple of us figured he would find them. Did he collect for the milk that the udder guy got from the cows?

Being tethered does not work for more then a day or two unless he moves them around every day and provides water and one bucket lasts about two hours or less since they tend to knock them over. I am now having to tether my horses on another property, with permission, since we have had no rain and my land is grazed out. We check them every hour to make sure the ropes are clear, water available and we bring them in at night. A little different with cows.

We have also noticed that other farmers are moving their cows around to any land that has any grass at all. So now I'm in friendly compition for grazing, and my water buckets, with them.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Nice that he got his cows back and right where a couple of us figured he would find them. Did he collect for the milk that the udder guy got from the cows?

Being tethered does not work for more then a day or two unless he moves them around every day and provides water and one bucket lasts about two hours or less since they tend to knock them over. I am now having to tether my horses on another property, with permission, since we have had no rain and my land is grazed out. We check them every hour to make sure the ropes are clear, water available and we bring them in at night. A little different with cows.

We have also noticed that other farmers are moving their cows around to any land that has any grass at all. So now I'm in friendly compition for grazing, and my water buckets, with them.

No friendly competition here with free roaming cows, our dogs go besurk (especially the aussies because they are cow herders) when they pass along the gate and our gardners chickens lay less eggs when they are grazing on the field of the chickens. Its always quite a long conversation between those two Dominicans when the farmer comes and gets his cows but some how they always 'find' their way back to that piece until its grazed off ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.