What a lovely surprise.....

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Bayrischer Hof restaurant (along the small road opposite Ocean Dream) in Cabarete has long been known for its excellent food and good value for money.

What a lovely surprise it was to find 'leg of lamb in red wine sauce' on their "specials" menu last evening. In over 5 years, this is the first time I have found roast lamb on a restaurant menu here. The portion of lamb was huge, very succulent, melt in the mouth tender and served with fresh vegetables - broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tayota and potatoes all for RD$ 350.

Three of us enjoyed main course meals, 6 drinks and 1 coffee for a total price of RD$ 1470 - they do not add tax or service onto the menu price.

Like many good restaurants in the area, they are struggling with lack of customers at the moment and are therefore not preparing their delicious desserts which, without enough diners, would be thrown away. It would be terrible to see this rather exceptional restaurant close its doors.....

Highly recommended once again for excellent food, great service and good value for money.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
It is one of the better rest. that you don't see. Not on the beach. Prices are great for what you get. It's not fancy but you go home full or carrying a bag. You really can't beat it. If you want your meal ficked a special way, add or sub. just ask.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
As a German national I am embarrassed that I have not eaten there, and I have been living in the POP area for 8 years. On my next trip to Cabarete, I will give it a try.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Ricardo, who is the owner actually is Swiss. He could be the best cook anywhere on the Island. This is easily one of the best restaurants on the North Coast.

Order #108 on the back of the menu. Best pork dish you will ever eat.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have been enjoying this place for years. Always a good meal.

Bob K

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Had one of the best Schnitzels ever over there. Very friendly staff, and charismatic owner. Great value for money.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Also if you want you can bring your own wine and they will open it and serve it gratis.