looking for tv flat screen repairman

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
there was one in the archives but cant actually find it as the search function brings up wierd things - I think there was one in sosua abajo that someone recommended much to my suprise

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
2 doors down from Delancer (Cable Atlantico) on the main road from Sosua to Sosua Abajo, no sign out front.
They repair TV's, remote controls, electronic boxes. A minimum $50 pesos for a look-see if they can fix or not.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm always amazed at how cheaply things can be fixed in DR [as opposed to the US, for example]. Post above says 'minimum $50 peso look-see'. Can you even imagine someone in US charging a bit over a dollar for that? They usually want about US$75 just to walk through the door.

Last trip to DR we had a dead washing machine. I was going to sell it to the guy who comes around buying all old metal things, but caretaker asked me to wait. Caretaker called a guy who came and worked on it for quite some time, and amazingly resuscitated it for RD$500/ pesos. I'm still shaking my head.

AE

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
2 doors down from Delancer (Cable Atlantico) on the main road from Sosua to Sosua Abajo, no sign out front.
They repair TV's, remote controls, electronic boxes. A minimum $50 pesos for a look-see if they can fix or not.

Don't bother with those guys for LCD or Plasma, they have no clue. My LCD has been down for 6 weeks now.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Does that mean you took something to them and they couldn't help, or what?
You have an alternative? Someone reliable? Do tell. I'm all ears.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I sent my Sharp flat screen to a guy referred to as "El Cubano Electronico" in Nagua. One week later I was a happy camper because my 42" flat screen worked again. Apparently a power surge killed something. Anyhow, someone PM me and I'll give you his telephone number. Spanish only for him, tho!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Does that mean you took something to them and they couldn't help, or what?
You have an alternative? Someone reliable? Do tell. I'm all ears.

The repair guy came over and told me one of the ciruit boards was shot so I ordered one from Ebay, he installed it and then told me another circuit board was shot so I ordered that from Ebay. He came back and installed it and it didn't work. He said he would be back at 3pm....that was tuesday and he hasn't returned. He has no clue, it's a process of elimination for these guys. I never gave him any money but the boards being shipped here were not cheap.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ms Queen

I know a good repair man. He does it more as a hobby than for a living but takes on repairs for accepted customers.

He travels the north coast by the week at his full time job and will pick up and deliver the TV to your house.

Watch for him as he goes by, he drives a Texaco tanker truck.... quickly sometimes, so you need to be fast to flag him.

I hope this helps, best regards

WW

Status
Not open for further replies.