Cabarete Weekend Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

The company that put the beer with the extraordinary name 'Cerveza The One' on the market are sponsors for the weekend of Friday 16 to Sunday, September 18 activities on the beach of Cabarete. There will be several DJ's to turn contemporary music and create an according atmosphere. There are also activities like a bikini show where the participating women can win interesting prizes.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
for the record, that beer is quite possibly the worst there ever was - tried it last night in santiago in a club where they wouldn't serve any other brand!. 4.7%, tasted just like water.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I agree that it is a toss up between Brahma and Cerveza the One for worst beer in the DR.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
for the record, that beer is quite possibly the worst there ever was - tried it last night in santiago in a club where they wouldn't serve any other brand!. 4.7%, tasted just like water.

Anybody know the alcohol content of Presidente or Brahma?????? Just curious ....thanks.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anybody know the alcohol content of Presidente or Brahma?????? Just curious ....thanks.....

Presidente 5.0 %
Presidente Light 4.7%
Bohemia 5.0 %
Brahma (who cares?) 5% yuck.
Ambar ( don't see it much) 5.3%
The One 4.7% yuck..

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Presidente 5.0 %
Presidente Light 4.7%
Bohemia 5.0 %
Brahma (who cares?) 5% yuck.
Ambar ( don't see it much) 5.3%
The One 4.7% yuck..

Just a tad stronger than the majority of commercial, mainstream American beers that usually fall in between 4.0% - 4.8%.

http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm

The only commercial beer I usually buy in a bar is Yuengling. All the beers I drink at home are micro-brew, and those usually have an alcohol content of anywhere to 6.0 - 11.0 %........One 11% beer I like is aptly called "Blithering Idiot."
Blithering Idiot - Weyerbacher Brewing Co. - Easton, PA - BeerAdvocate
A few of these will knock your socks off..........LOL........

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just a tad stronger than the majority of commercial, mainstream American beers that usually fall in between 4.0% - 4.8%.

Calories in Beer, Beer Alcohol, Beer Carbohydrates.

The only commercial beer I usually buy in a bar is Yuengling. All the beers I drink at home are micro-brew, and those usually have an alcohol content of anywhere to 6.0 - 11.0 %........One 11% beer I like is aptly called "Blithering Idiot."
Blithering Idiot - Weyerbacher Brewing Co. - Easton, PA - BeerAdvocate
A few of these will knock your socks off..........LOL........

Have you ever had Yuengling Porter? I really like that one. Now back to DR beers..

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Have you ever had Yuengling Porter? I really like that one. Now back to DR beers..

Oh yeah, I've had the Ying porter......I never used to like porters much, but I definitely do now...which brings up the question: Are there any Dominican porter beers?????? That's something I have never seen yet. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anybody drinking a dark beer anywhere in the DR.......

Hey, if you like Yuengling Porter, try a General Washington Tavern Porter (7.0% alcohol) by Yards Brewing -- another Pennsylvania micro brew brewery.
Yards Brewing Company - General Washington's Tavern Porter

The Washington porter has got to be one of the best dark beers I've EVER had.....all my friends who I've tried it on say the same thing as well.........
General Washington's Tavern Porter - Yards Brewing Co. - Philadelphia, PA - BeerAdvocate

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Cervecer?a Cibao was licensed to produce Guinness Extra Stout

I know of no beer darker than Ambar, which is not dark at all. One thing I miss here.
When I was doing the research on alcohol content, I found references that the business that brews Malta India, which is an overly sweet soft drink that looks like Guiness, was licensed to brew Guiness extra stout. Did they ever actually brew any? I have no idea.

See:

Cerveza/ Beer and Vino/ Wine made in Dominican Republic

In 1981 the Cervecer?a Cibao located in La Vega closed. They reopened with all new and modern equipment and joined forces with the Cervereria Vegana. With the new equipment they became very competitive and were making the sweet malted drink Malta India, making and marketing Brava beer, en 1990 la Dry beer, in 1993 they got the license to make and distribute Guinnes Extra Stout, in 1995 they sent the Extract of Malta Maltina, and in 1996 the red beer Soberana (has mild aroma, with a lightly bitter-sweet beginning and a sugary body. Needs to be served really cold).

Status
Not open for further replies.