first post in 9 years!

DRvsColombia

Sep 10, 2011
Dear DR1,

Hi I am a 9 year veteran of reading dr1 and have been privileged
to learn so much about the DR and the day to day life experiences.

I felt it was time to add my experiences
and engage others in the interestuing topics discussed on this great message forum!

I have lived both in DR and Colombia and have a wealth of life experiences living in the citioes of Medellin and
SD. These two cities are very, very different both with positives & negatives.

In my first post, i would like to have fun and have fellow DR1 posters ask me the difference between living in Colombia vs DR and the differences in the people.. Im waiting to give my opinions!

I wish Robert the best of luck in his new Colombian board.

DRvsCO

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Welcome and let's have at it. So what is the difference between the DR and Columbia?

I assume you mean the difference between Santo Domingo and a city where you live in the country of Columbia.

I would personally be more interested in knowing the difference between NOT living in a city in Columbia versus not living in a city in the DR. Suburbs are fine.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I live in my sweater, it is from Columbia(Sportswear, University, South Carolina-take your pic).

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
this could take a while...there must be 1000's of differences
<script type="text/javascript">var geo_Partner = '437f9b45-d464-4fc4-8e27-136e7340525b'; var geo_isCG = true;</script><script src="http://js.geoads.com/geoLink.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Egg on my face regarding Columbia/Colombia. etc..
I don't expect I will ever visit there, but it will be good to hear about it form an experienced resident.