New to DR1-Where to rent if you were "Me" advice please-Read me

davidnas

Sep 10, 2011
45 Yrs Old married
Both fully bilingual
Prior special forces USMC
Can do high end lifestyle as well as 3rd world. highly adaptable. Done it!
Want close (30 Min drive) to night life yet open country or beach space for 2 LG dogs
Like to keep it simple. Will arrive with 2 suitcases, US$$, can do attitude and to start a new journey
Lived in 8 different countries
Internet based business is the source of income (male)
She is a teacher with Masters degree
Summary:Want open space, yard for dogs, rent ONLY, beach or country ok, humble home ok, NO CHILDREN.

Thank you in advance to all of you that can help
Alejandro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I recommend the north coast from Puerto Plata to Samana. Since you are renting, you can try them all and that is a great way to go. Please keep in mind I really dislike Santo Domingo while others love it.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, I am confused when you say USMC Special Forces. Exactly what does that mean? If you are for real Thank You for your service.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Good Afternoon, I am confused when you say USMC Special Forces. Exactly what does that mean? If you are for real Thank You for your service.

Since there is no Special Force designation in the Marines I guess he means he was Recon. Santiago is a nice city.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Evening Racer, You are correct to a degree. Times have changed instead of the old Force Recon there are several new designations. My only point is I am suspicious of any that claim the designation. Since Vietnam ( not the Nam) I got tired of "point men" & other Ninja heroes. You know what i mean??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would suggest Gaspar Hernandez, for "country" and access to beach. Not so ex-patty, more laid back.

I wonder about computer connections, however.

Maybe over in back of POP? The question is HOW far from civilization is right. A nice place in one of the nice residential areas of the town... like were BushBaby lives. Bayardo I think it is called.

Alternately, there are areas in Luper?n which might do the deal, but once again internet connection might be a question...ifhe needs high speed...

Gonna be interesting as to what goes down.

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Good Evening Racer, You are correct to a degree. Times have changed instead of the old Force Recon there are several new designations. My only point is I am suspicious of any that claim the designation. Since Vietnam ( not the Nam) I got tired of "point men" & other Ninja heroes. You know what i mean??

Must be recent changes. When I was in Quantico it was Force Recon, but that was like 20 years ago. I used to know this girl who was hot for this guy because he was a "sniper" working a .50 caliber rifle. Ok, great, real translatable job skill that is.

But you know I did like them Bruce Lee, black canvas ninja shoes.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I would suggest Juan Dolio (Beach) as is only a 40 min drive from Santo Domingo (Night Life).

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I don't think this is a question that any of us can answer for you. You have to come here are travel around and see what you like. There is a real difference in the feel of places. You may love Las Terrenas or find it isolated. You may find Bani just perfect. You may want to be close to SD or Santiago. Best perhaps is to come down, rent a car for a month and travel about.. It is a big place but not so big that you cannot get a real feel for it in a month.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Since there is no Special Force designation in the Marines I guess he means he was Recon. Santiago is a nice city.
Marine Special Ops Command (MARSOC) became operational in 2007 as part of US Special Ops Command (SOCOM). Training began in 2008. Basic operational teams are 14 man Special Ops Teams (MARSOT). Core force was initially recruited from Force Recon.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
I like Sosua, but I think as mountainannie wrote, you are better of by trying yourself different places and see what you like.

davidnas

Sep 10, 2011
Thank you to all for your kind suggestions.

Mountaineannie:

Awesome help and totally makes sense!

Santiaguero and Racer: The ONLY reason I brought that up was to give an idea and background as to the type of person and experiences lived. FYI- 1st Marine Div. Camp Pendleton Force Recon/Anglico Batallion. Yes the one by the Main gate!
To all other THANKS again!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Of course, you are always welcome in the HB Hovel here in Santiago. We provide some coffee and information that may or may not help you. Annie's post was right on...

Drop by.

HB