Driving from El Cedro to Punta Cana

igbass

Sep 10, 2011
Just arrived in El Cedro by car. I drove along the Route 104 from Sabana Del La Mar, through Miches, to El Cedro. Now I need to go from El Cedro to Punta Cana. Suffice it to say, Route 104 is a mixed bag. From Sabana Del La Mar to Miches, the road was absolutely horrible. From Miches to El Cedro is wasn't so bad. The question, then, is whether to continue on Route 104 east past las lagunas de nisibon until the road connects with the one to Punta Cana. Alternatively, I can drive back to Miches on the not-so-bad section of 104, then head south on Route 107 to El Seibo, at which point I can just shoot east on that Route 4, which I'm assuming is a pretty decent road.

So, has anyone been on these roads? Particularly Route 107 between miches and el seibo, or route 104 between El Cedro and Punta cana?

Thanks!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have been there. The road from El Seibo is very good. The problem as you know already is the road from Miches to El Siebo, but from El Seibo to Higuey is clear sailing. From Higuey you go towards Bavaro and you will have the choice to take the road through Veron or the way to Macau. This depends on where you are going. For Punta Cana you would take the Veron route.

From HIguey to Punta Cana is clear sailing also.