Searching for work in Santo Domingo

jenmonsi

Sep 11, 2011
Hello,

I am currently in search of employment in Santo Domingo. I currently live in the United States but will be relocating to Sto Dom by the end of the year. I recently graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Management. Most of my experience came from working with a non profit agency as a credit/housing counselor. I don't know what kind of work I can find with my degree and experience. I'm willing to do entry level work. I am also bilingual, I speak fluent English and Spanish. I will greatly appreciate anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
With your language skills you will find work.
However, be prepared to work in fields not related to your previous training / education.
All the best.

donP

AJL6767

Apr 14, 2011
You are so sexist..what a chauvanist pig. If she is young and sexy post a picture for me

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You do realize that the salary you could make here is a fraction of what you would make in the US while the cost of living for someone used to a US lifestyle is not proportionally lower? I realize that unemployment is high in the US, but the DR is no better off. Best of luck to you, but it will be difficult at best.

Are there other reasons you are coming here other than to look for a job?

jenmonsi

Sep 11, 2011
Thank you. I'm ok with working in fields outside my experience. Would you be able to direct me to hiring companies?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
You do realize that the salary you could make here is a fraction of what you would make in the US while the cost of living for someone used to a US lifestyle is not proportionally lower? I realize that unemployment is high in the US, but the DR is no better off. Best of luck to you, but it will be difficult at best.

Are there other reasons you are coming here other than to look for a job?

He's right. I work for a fraction of my salary at home in an area where cost of living is much higher (minus the cost of heating oil, of course).

The question asked about your motives is a good one. It is generally difficult to move here for reasons of love, but that depends on the circumstances of the relationship. However if you are just looking for an international experience, a chance to use your second language, etc. then that makes it easier to justify some of what you "give up" to live here.

Having said that, search on Schoolspring for Spanish teacher. There are opportunities in Montecristi right now working for a non-profit agency. Some are not teaching jobs but require Spanish and management.