Music Event

CH1

Aug 26, 2011
Looking to organize a music event with local bars and hotels in the cabarette area.

Please contact me if interested.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Could you supply more information on what you are trying to do? Type of music, live, recorded, DJ etc?
Who, what, when and where would be good to know.

CH1

Aug 26, 2011
Thank you for your response. House music. Live, Multiple djs. I am open to when and where but would like it to be in cabarete and prefer around dec-january taking advantage of the beach and pool parties. I have been in the scene for over 10 years. I would like to organize a 4-5 day event. I am from the NYC area. I do all the planning including DJ bookings and client sales. I need the commitment and pricing of multiple venues and hotels to accommodate. Making available a package for clients.
I want to make it an annual event.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Are you in Cabarete? If so, speak to the owners/managers of Nikki Beach, Lax, Blu Beach Club, Onno's and Ojo's...

None of the venues are great for a large events though, you'll probably have to set up stages on the beach...

There aren't many hotel rooms available in Cabarete, but you can get a list of them and the contacts, including most of the available condos for rent at Cabarete - Dominican Republic - by Active Cabarete

There are several marketing organizations and non-profits that may get involved if you put together a good business/event plan...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
DavidZ has given you the proper information. Now it's time for you to sell the idea. . I suspect the type of music, HOUSE, will greatly limit the demographic that is interested in attending.

It will be difficult to organize, like herding cats, but good luck

CH1

Aug 26, 2011
I am not in cabarete I am in Manhattan. Marketing, sales, production and everything involved is not an issue. We have thrown many events. Getting people out there will not be an issue either. The only issue is finding venues and resorts/hotels to participate.
We help host Winter Music Conference/Electric Zoo and many other major house music events such as cruises and so forth.

I need a team player in cabarete willing to find these venues and host.

CH1

Aug 26, 2011
I am not in need of very large venues 1-2 Large ones. Other Smaller ones such as hotel/resort pools that fit 500-1000 people will be good as well.

CH1

Aug 26, 2011
In your opinion. Where in dominican with beaches and pools would you think is best to host an event like this?

CH1

Aug 26, 2011
I have visited puerta plata, Punta Cana, Cabarete and Santo Domingo. Cabarete seems the best fit in my opinion. Considering this is a "Business Forum" I was expecting to receive feedback from locals and business owners.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Cabarete has very few hotel rooms. The Wyndham Tangerine is one. Most of Cabarete is condos. The bars in Cabarete are much smaller than your 500 to 1,000 person small size limit. They are more like 50 to 100 people in size range.

I very much doubt your opinion that getting people to come will not be a problem.

TonyDman

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 4, 2011
I have visited puerta plata, Punta Cana, Cabarete and Santo Domingo. Cabarete seems the best fit in my opinion. Considering this is a "Business Forum" I was expecting to receive feedback from locals and business owners.

Good Luck!!!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I am not in cabarete I am in Manhattan. Marketing, sales, production and everything involved is not an issue. We have thrown many events. Getting people out there will not be an issue either. The only issue is finding venues and resorts/hotels to participate.
We help host Winter Music Conference/Electric Zoo and many other major house music events such as cruises and so forth.

I need a team player in cabarete willing to find these venues and host.

Promoting The WMC and South Beach could not be more different than a Music Festival in Cabarete. As much as I'd like to see someone try something like this in Cabarete, my advise would be that Punta Cana is the only place it would be viable on a large scale... 30,000+ hotel rooms vs. less than 1000...and it would likely take several years to become "successful"...and that's with throwing a ton of money and U.S./European promotion at it.

Also..few forms of sales, marketing and promotion (and production for that matter) that you are used to will work here...it's a totally different market than anywhere in the US (except maybe Washington Heights! :bunny:)

All that being said...you, or someone from your company, should come to Cabarete and Punta Cana during Semana Santa (Easter Week) and observe things...these are the two events that are similar to what you're talking about...over the last few years, Cabarete has gotten smaller and PC has gotten bigger...