Looking for a job babysitting or Au Pair, in the Dominican family in Santo Domingo

Galjusja Khrystuk

Apr 22, 2011
Looking for a job babysitting or Au Pair, in the Dominican family in Santo Domingo. from January to April 2012. Is the experience of driving a car, raising children and cooking meals.

I'am a 28 year old Female Ukrainian national from Ivano Frankivsk in Ukraine, I would like to work as an Au Pair in Dominican Republic for 3 - 6 months, and I would be willing to look after children.

Because I want to explore the Dominican Republic, culture, people, history, language ... and i love to dance bachata, and listen bachata! I feel it in my heart!

Sincere, friendly, punctual, sociable person ... I love kids, love music, love dancing, love life!

Dear Dominican family! I know that we will have a good relationship and we want to meet again! And also I can cook for you delicious Ukrainian dishes ...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Looking for a job babysitting or Au Pair, in the Dominican family in Santo Domingo. from January to April 2012. Is the experience of driving a car, raising children and cooking meals.

I'am a 28 year old Female Ukrainian national from Ivano Frankivsk in Ukraine, I would like to work as an Au Pair in Dominican Republic for 3 - 6 months, and I would be willing to look after children.

Because I want to explore the Dominican Republic, culture, people, history, language ... and i love to dance bachata, and listen bachata! I feel it in my heart!

Sincere, friendly, punctual, sociable person ... I love kids, love music, love dancing, love life!

Dear Dominican family! I know that we will have a good relationship and we want to meet again! And also I can cook for you delicious Ukrainian dishes ...

Place an ad in a local newspaper in the DR... Make sure to list where exactly you'll be offering to work at (SD, Santiago, etc...).

murilka

Nov 6, 2008
Doxliy nomer, ploxaya idea

You will not make any money and will not explore Dominican Republic - you will be busy working 24/7 looking after dominican family. you also need fluent spanish.....

Galjusja Khrystuk

Apr 22, 2011
well, if you think this is impossible, then Tell me please, whether it is possible to rent a room accommodation (not an apartment, and a room in someone's home) in Santo Domingo?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
well, if you think this is impossible, then Tell me please, whether it is possible to rent a room accommodation (not an apartment, and a room in someone's home) in Santo Domingo?

Clasificados - List?n Diario Digital

this sounds like a better plan... since it is hard to sell yourself as an aupair when what you really seem to want to do is come here for the winter and dance!

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
From my experience the going rate is something like. 2000rd/bi-weekly, your duties would include cooking 3 meals a day, preparing milk, cleaning, taking the children to school, picking up the children from school, and running errands. You will also live on site. most deals give you 1 weekend free every 2 weeks.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
From my experience the going rate is something like. 2000rd/bi-weekly, your duties would include cooking 3 meals a day, preparing milk, cleaning, taking the children to school, picking up the children from school, and running errands. You will also live on site. most deals give you 1 weekend free every 2 weeks.

AND even it you were to find a job.. which would be hard to do without some personal references, and without fluent Spanish, WHY would someone want to hire you JUST for the HIGH SEASON? You might be better off finding some people from your country who TRAVEL here for the high season and might need someone to come with them.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Whatever the season is, when a parent is looking for childcare, most of the times, the parent is looking for a LONG TERM SOLUTION.

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hi OP, I kinda second (and third and fourth ;) the notion that coming to the DR with the intention of being a not-fully-committed nanny and without Spanish (or English) it might not be the best option for you, but here's something: If you're looking for a more seasonal thing, why not consider working in a resort?
Popular areas like Punta Cana, Bayahibe, Cabarete (although smaller) etc. offer all-inclusive resorts that often hire expats, and work that's contracted per 6 months to a year, and sometimes simply to fill a position for a few weeks!

Look into the bigger ones, Club Med in particular (I worked there for 7 years so I can offer some insight! :) Oftentimes you can apply online, but another option is booking a holiday and making a few visits to present yourself in person to the Management and seeing what might be available. You never know! :D

Good luck!

Deon22

Sep 26, 2011
yes long term solution is better because they cant hire a new person after 2 3 months they needs a long term employee so that it will take to built his or her trust and spanish is really import for this..........