Taxi from STI to Metro or caribe bus station

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
yea, tell me so I can have my friends brother(taxista) pick you up. i ll get his phone number for you so you can call him once you clear the airport.

if you have a local phone I think you can charge it up with ezetop.com before you touch down so you can call from inside the airplane when it disembarks at the terminal.

nvaug85

Feb 2, 2012
I'll be coming into town with a friend on the 11th of march. We are going to take caribe from Santiago to Puerto Plata. We could use a taxista.

Also, does anyone have suggestions on the best way to get a taxi from the bus station in Puerto Plata to our resort without getting screwed over? I've had a friend robbed by a "taxista" that turned out to be just a random guy finding people at the stop. Thanks! :)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Pay US $ 30. and make a Dominican kids sponsor happy on your arrival to STI...

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I'm not sure what you are saying I should do JJ. Pay 30$ to who?

I am trying to say: Take a taxi at STI... Any and make
The driver and his kids happy giving him a good tip.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Some time those guys have to wait all day long making
line to be in turn to board a passenguer. some are lucky
as they get a long ride and others only to the bus station.

JJ

edm7583

May 29, 2007
From STI, an offer for 500 pesos to Metro or Caribe bus stations in Los Jardines is always immediately accepted by the cab driver. Keep on paying $30 and watch the gringo tax spread to there too.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
L T is in Confresi, take Caribe tours, the drivers are better at letting people off. When you get on the bus tell the driver that you want off at L T in Confresi. Tip him if you wish. He will then let you off on the road in front of the resort and you'll cross and walk down to the entrance. Do not put any luggage in the storage area, just carry on with you or you will have to ride into PP and then Taxi back to L T.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
lifestyle tropical

I'm pretty sure if grab the taxi from STI / bus station and on the way you make an offer of $ 70. to Lifestyle T. the driver will do it as Cofresy is located in this side of the P. P. city.

When I was driving from STI this ride was one hour at night.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
L T is in Confresi, take Caribe tours, the drivers are better at letting people off. When you get on the bus tell the driver that you want off at L T in Confresi. Tip him if you wish. He will then let you off on the road in front of the resort and you'll cross and walk down to the entrance. Do not put any luggage in the storage area, just carry on with you or you will have to ride into PP and then Taxi back to L T.
I never heard of Caribe tour dropping off passengers on the road, this may be new as all my life in DR I was to wait until they get to the bus station.

JJ

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I never heard of Caribe tour dropping off passengers on the road, this may be new as all my life in DR I was to wait until they get to the bus station.

JJ

They do it a lot, thankfully. You were sleeping maybe JJ.