How to Use Google Voice in the DR?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I have google voice in the states. It combines my home, my cell and my magic jack and rings on all 3 so I don't miss calls.

Is it possible to include my DR number with Google Voice and not pay roaming charges?

Is it possible to forward calls from GV to my DR number?

Any information, suggestions, options, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
You can't forward to a DR number. But you CAN forward to a Google TALK number. So when I get a call, if my Google mailbox is open which has Google Talk installed with the chat feature, it rings. I also can call numbers back via Google voice, which calls my Google Talk, which rings the number in the US.

I keep the two windows open (Voice and Talk) and that is how I manage it. Most of my calls are planned anyway, but the odd one that comes through and I don't have the window open, Google Voice just takes a message and then sends me an email.

Hope this helps and is not too confusing. You have to install the Talk client on your Google chat....and have your Voice forward to your Talk.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks, I actually understand! To call the US I use my Magic Jack which I love; but wanted to know about Google Voice as I have it now on my smartphone.