So my question is

steelmet

Jun 21, 2007
As reported on DR1 that the mexican cartels are slowly invading the north and most likely soon enough the whole island, how long before the sure violence takes over will some of you re-think the decision to move and or live there. The reason i ask is because knowing how corruption is easy and somewhat difficult elsewhere, well it should be really easy to do it down there. If you let them in, they will run rampant... So what is the government planning on doing down there? Or will it be dealt with in DR form..why do it today when you can put it off for tommorrow or maybe a few weeks...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have always liked the idea of a "Pared?n" for foreigners caught with drugs. Public executions, with YouTube videos, and then feed the remains to the sharks off the coast. Word will get around. And we would have bigger sharks for the fishermen.

Might make a few mistakes, but the quality of life in the DR would improve tremendously. Simplistic? Yeah, I know. :(

HB

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Just wait until PRD is back in power and then the fun will begin all over again. Right now The DR has stopped being one of the main points of parcels drops from Colombia and Venezuela thanks to the Super Tucanos airplanes Why it's no longer raining cocaine in the Dominican Republic | International Drug Policy Consortium, but we're still being invaded by sea since our navy is no match for the super fast boats the drug cartels have at their disposal.

I've always thought that The DR should say just pact with the cartels and allow them to use the country as a trans-shipment point as long as they don't leave any of their drugs in the country. The US apparently doesn't care about stopping the flow as they refused to help The DR on this and even threatened action if The DR planes shot down any know drug planes. Leonel wen ahead with the purchase any way, but all they can do is follow the drug planes and try to make an arrest if they drop the drugs.

A corrupt, poor country like The DR where almost anyone can be bought for next to nothing is ripe for these cartels to take over even the highest echelons of government. If you think it's bad now it can get much, much worse...hope we never get to this point How a tiny West African country became the world's first narco state | World news | The Observer

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I think you underestimate the strength of the Dominican Cartels! The Dominicans have controlled the distribution of coke from NYC to the Canadian border for years. They have direct connections with the Columbians. I think that they will work it out with the Mexicans.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I think you underestimate the strength of the Dominican Cartels! The Dominicans have controlled the distribution of coke from NYC to the Canadian border for years. They have direct connections with the Columbians. I think that they will work it out with the Mexicans.
... yeah right!!! They have their private war, sure, and the rest of the Dominicans who are not drug dealers???

steelmet

Jun 21, 2007

hahahahaha now that is funny.... underestimate the dominican cartels.....if you think they and or the columbians will have any say in the matter i have a island to sell you... perhaps most of you dont get the fulll news of whats going on with those cartels in mexico and in the US southwest.. I do believe i have heard that phoenix arizona is either number 1 or 2 kidnapped capital of the world... I mean wasnt there a top ranked puerto rican drug dealer running around the DR for a while.... if the cartels do infiltrate and start with the bribes and or killing god help that pretty little island you live on....

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
hahahahaha now that is funny.... underestimate the dominican cartels.....if you think they and or the columbians will have any say in the matter i have a island to sell you... perhaps most of you dont get the fulll news of whats going on with those cartels in mexico and in the US southwest.. I do believe i have heard that phoenix arizona is either number 1 or 2 kidnapped capital of the world... I mean wasnt there a top ranked puerto rican drug dealer running around the DR for a while.... if the cartels do infiltrate and start with the bribes and or killing god help that pretty little island you live on....

you doing market research?

steelmet

Jun 21, 2007
well actually if you must know, I am... I have 12 years and 1 month to go until no more workie for me...... point being is i plan on retiriing to the carribean...have made a few trips down there in last 3 months to buy somthing that works for me... from sosua all the way to punta cana, and if it gets worse there then screw to that....and what amazes me is that mexican tourism is in the tank...... you would think it should bloom in DR.... then again thats not drug issue thats the stupid G'vt taxes...