Question about marriage...

vincyo

Jan 5, 2006
Magog, Quebec, Canada
Hello, im looking forward to getting married with my dominican girlfriend. She was previously married, and we add to take care of the divorce first. Now the divorce is official.

I know about the law that say that she have to wait 10 months before getting married again, but i also know that if i find a (?oficial de estado civil?) that will marry us its possible with a pregnency test, before the 10 months. And the marriage will be legal.

Just wanna know if somebody did it before.Or iIf somebody knows a oficial de estado civil in Santo Domingo who would do it, or a lawyer in Santo Domingo that could help us find one....

Thanks for the help.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Hello, im looking forward to getting married with my dominican girlfriend. She was previously married, and we add to take care of the divorce first. Now the divorce is official.

I know about the law that say that she have to wait 10 months before getting married again, but i also know that if i find a (?oficial de estado civil?) that will marry us its possible with a pregnency test, before the 10 months. And the marriage will be legal.

Just wanna know if somebody did it before.Or iIf somebody knows a oficial de estado civil in Santo Domingo who would do it, or a lawyer in Santo Domingo that could help us find one....

Thanks for the help.

Go to a smaller town, the most officious people are in the SD or larger places. I didn't have the same issue but the Jues in Puerto Plata was being a pricki so we just went to Jamao and it took 5 minutes with a smile from the kind Juesa there.

capitan1962

Aug 29, 2011
My divorce is almost done, (there will not be a number 2). Someone once asked, "Why is a divorce so expensive?" The answer is simple, "Because it's worth it!"

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This is the legal forum not the chat room can the two of you please go have a conversation by PM

Anyone know an (“oficial de estado civil”) in Santo Domingo is the question here. ;)