best places to meet dominicans in new york

Anabel30

Sep 12, 2011
Hello im new to this forum bt not to dominicans i first visited new york city when i was 18 im now 32yrs old and im planning another trip to the big apple because thats where my love for dominicans and dominican culture started i know many years have passed bt im sure i will have a wonderful time just like the first time. The difference is that im grown now and i can do whatever i want and go to places that i couldnt before like the clubs i love bachata music and i hope to find a good dominican dancer that wont mind teaching me. Ok if anybody have any suggestions for what places to go or what to do please let me know thanks! I live near chicago and theres hardly any dominicans here : (

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Send a PM to Badpiece on this forum. He can connect you for sure in NY.

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
Washington heights. broadway. All night long females walkin and ect. Also soutg bronx. I dont really kno south bronx like that but deff the heightz

Aug 19, 2004
We stopped by in Washington Heights a couple of years ago. There are a number of comedors in the area. Had the best chivo guisado ever with a really freindly Dominican owner. Only problem is I have forgotten the name!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
You can meet many Dominican enterprises in Washington Heights but I doubt you will really see the culture. The culture in New York is New York culture not really foreign.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Mi amour, take a week in Punta Cana or Puerta Plata. Your dance partner will find you in minutes and show you his culture.

Anabel30

Sep 12, 2011
Awww i will love to go to punta cana or anywhere in dominicana bt i dont have much time. Im thinking about going to nyc in a couple of weeks i'll stop by washington heights and i hope i can meet lots of dominicans and hopefully i can learn how to dance bachata dominican style :)