travel time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For a rookie driver, I say closer to 6 than 5 hours. Let's see, and please chime in if I am off here:
La Romana to Santo Domingo--1:45
Crossing Santo Domingo--1:00 with luck, remember, rookie driver and all that construction, and depends on time of day.
Santo Domingo to Santiago--2:00 with luck
Crossing Santiago--there are 10 traffic lights and some horrible intersections for newbies-> 1/2 hour
Santiago to POP -- 1:20/1:40 safely without any big trucks in the way.

That adds up to 6+ hours with no pit stops, no "greenies" and no getting confused and lost.

HB

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
For a rookie driver, I say closer to 6 than 5 hours. Let's see, and please chime in if I am off here:
La Romana to Santo Domingo--1:45
Crossing Santo Domingo--1:00 with luck, remember, rookie driver and all that construction, and depends on time of day.
Santo Domingo to Santiago--2:00 with luck
Crossing Santiago--there are 10 traffic lights and some horrible intersections for newbies-> 1/2 hour
Santiago to POP -- 1:20/1:40 safely without any big trucks in the way.

That adds up to 6+ hours with no pit stops, no "greenies" and no getting confused and lost.

HB
And one side of POP compared to other side can add another 45 minutes depending on traffic.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I was going the other way to avoid Santo Domingo and Santiago lol.

La Romana to new highway by airport 1.5 hours
New Road to Nagua 1.5 hours
Nagua to POP including pee and food stop 3 hours.

Matilda

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I was going the other way to avoid Santo Domingo and Santiago lol.

La Romana to new highway by airport 1.5 hours
New Road to Nagua 1.5 hours
Nagua to POP including pee and food stop 3 hours.

Matilda

This is the route I take, can't stand going thru SD. But I do it in an hour or so less time.
Maybe I drive too fast?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is no reason to go through SD and Santiago to go from La Romana to Puerto Plata. You will save a ton of time, and a ton of aggravation and traffic going with the new highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.