Thread: Middle Eastern Food

Post Thanks / Like

Default Middle Eastern Food

Duma Delicias Arabes is a new Middle Eastern food place in Bávaro, in Plaza Paseo San Juan, next to the large San Juan shopping centre. It's a new branch of a well-established business in the capital, which used to be on Churchill and is now on R Betancourt. No frills, not expensive by east coast standards, and friendly service.
    809 466 2092. They also take orders for catering.

You can find them and their menu on Facebook, but the highlights include shawarma, falafel, kibbe, stuffed vine leaves, hummus, baba ganoush, arroz con fideos, very nice baked and fried pastelitos and Middle Eastern sweets like baclawa.

Drinks - try their homemade natural lemonade with mint, or chinola (passionfruit) juice with tamarind - they will make them with less or no sugar on request.

2. Likes UmSulaiman liked this post
    Advertiser
    Post Thanks / Like

Great! Will stop by soon.
    Punta Cana Destination Management Company
    http://dr1.com/directories/Caribbean-Dream.html

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Living in south Jersey as we do, one of the things I miss is the lack of good Middle Eastern food that I enjoyed so much in Manhattan. There used to be a restaurant on 43rd or 44th Street between 5th and 6th called The Teheran, and I sigh just remembering the food, scrumptious.

You are SO lucky to have a good place in Bavaro.

Are there any good Middle Eastern restaurants in Santo Domingo??

AE

Post Thanks / Like

In SD: Baladi, a family-run Lebanese restaurant in Ens. Julieta, a stone's throw from DR1 Towers
    In the Colonial Zone, the falafel on Sanchez con Billini, and the aforementioned Duma on Betancourt. There are others but I haven't tried them.

6. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hummus! Yeah!